RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. Looking for tires. Very interested in Michelin commander 2 but not available in stock size rear. Anyone have info or good tires close to oem size?? Thanks and keep riding ??

·
Registered
6,534 Posts
I ran Avon's the Storms on my first warrior
And run the Avons 3DXM front tire and the Avon Cobra rear.
And never had any issues..
They handle awesome and especially when
I'm doing some canyon riding...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
I'm running the Avon Spirit ST and they have performed great in the dry and wet, as well as handling the Tail of the Dragon with no issues.

·
Registered
997 Posts
I have run nothing but Avon's since buying my Warrior 7 years ago and have been very pleased with them.

BUT at the beginning of this season, I ruined my Storm 3D X/M by riding on it with too little air (Stupid, stupid, stupid! :mad:). Late last season, I s̶t̶o̶l̶e̶ bought a Honda VTX1800. I was going to flip it but decided to keep it. So then I started to use my Warrior more for drag racing and use the Honda for commuting. Rather than spend a huge sum (again) to replace a 1 year old Storm, I went with a Shinko 003 - basically a DOT approved race tire - for about $100 less than the Storm. I was surprised what a difference it make a the track!!! :eek: Normally, I was running in the low 13s - about 13.10 on average. This weekend I was running 12.85s and even quicker (12.79).

So I'm impressed with the Shinko - but only for racing! On the street, definitely go with Avons. BTW, I just replaced the Honda's tires with Avons.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Are they still making the 3dxm? It isn’t listed on the Avon website anymore, but can find it on other sites. I only need a front this year but wanted to match it next year.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sorry for delayed response but life happens. thx for the input i went with teh avon storm 3dxm love them

1 - 9 of 9 Posts