RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking for a new set of mirrors so that I can actually see around my shoulders. Anybody know of a quality, long stem, low profile type mirror or where to look? Taking all suggestions. I hope I put this thread in the appropriate 4m. Thanks

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
I used the Yamaha Billet mirrors which worked well. It also seems the bar end mirrors could offer a good view, but I've not tried them.

·
Premium Member
2,916 Posts
Why not consider some "bar-end" mirrors, then you don't have to worry about your shoulders. Check out DarkStar's bike and mine.

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
If they look sharp or angled in style they wont let you see a thing, case in point would be Arlen Ness Gothic. Never tried the bar ends but a lot of guys like them as stated. The billet ones Yammi makes are actually very nice and the ones that come on a Raider look good too. May be playing it safe but atleast they will work.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Go with Yami billet.I have had the small pointy style and can not see anything.I now have the Yami ones and can see great(at all speeds)

·
Registered
129 Posts
Ok, I got these and put them on and it was a pain.

I've got ISO grips, You have to remove the ISO endcaps and bore out the hole to at least 3/4 to fit the clamp. You'll still be able to replace the end caps later if you want.

The problem i found is that the clamps barely expand enough to hold but because they expand only at the outter most part you only get a tiny amount of surface area to hold with so the mirriors easily pull loose.

I was able to fix this by replaceing the through bolt and clamp with a longer bolt,4 washers (to clear the ISO grips) and a thick rubber tube that will expand over a large area. I found all of this at a local hareware store for around $20 not counting the 3/4 Unibit to drill out the ISO grip.

This worked much, much better and provides some vibration dampening to the mirrors too.

The mirriors look great and work well but you have to tighten the adjustments to hold good. Took it for a 1 1/2 hour highway ride and no problems.

Now i just need to find some reverse thread set screws in SS to fill in the mirrior mount holes.....

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
I have the Arlen Ness Rad II Teardrop mirrors. They are small, low and look good. (my opinion) They are tiny, but I got use to them, and are functional, but I always turn my head to change lanes anyway.

That said, I am currently changing my bars, and I am looking at getting bar end mirrors.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts