RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I just bought an 02 warrior with the vance and hines big shots and a k and n intake and it has a dinosaur of a power commander. It's the original PCIII with no USB. Just the serial connector. I am trying to convert a .djn file to a .map file by manually entering the values but the problem is I have no map to start with (cannot read the one from the bike, it says it's incompatible) so I cannot save (or send to powerc.) the values that I have entered. It says I must load a file first. So in reality I would take the zero.map, a map that works with this generation pc and my accessories.....or literally any other .map file that I could overwrite and use to save. THANKS!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the welcome guys. Everyone here has been pretty cool so far. I checked out the map library and they all appear to be newer. The problem I've encountered is everywhere online that I find .map files the links to them are of extinct web pages. I've emailed power commander, hopefully they have one they can send me.

·
Super Moderator
2,862 Posts
Here is the PCII, PCIII, and PCIIIr Software for the older units. Download it for your PC Serial. powercommander 3 Serial Software Download

Here is the PC III USB Control Center Software. Download it to be able to open the map files. powercommander 3 USB Software Download

Here are the PC maps -Enter your model, make and year. Scroll down to (Powercommander III USB) Click on the - (Click here for maps, installs, downloads.) Power Commander Maps
Scroll down and the maps are there. Pick the ones you want and download them to the Newer PC USB control center folder or where you want. These files cant be used with the Pc3 Serial control center.

In order to use the USB maps you have to manually transfer each Number value over. Some usb maps have more fuel mapping numbers since they can map to an extra 250 rpm intervals. only use the 500 rpm Interval values.

I hope you understand. Repost as needed..

Also, there are different map files here on our forum Power Commander Maps

I can send you a map for the serial but don't know how to..

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here is the PCII, PCIII, and PCIIIr Software for the older units. Download it for your PC Serial. powercommander 3 Serial Software Download

Here is the PC III USB Control Center Software. Download it to be able to open the map files. powercommander 3 USB Software Download

Here are the PC maps -Enter your model, make and year. Scroll down to (Powercommander III USB) Click on the - (Click here for maps, installs, downloads.) Power Commander Maps
Scroll down and the maps are there. Pick the ones you want and download them to the Newer PC USB control center folder or where you want. These files cant be used with the Pc3 Serial control center.

In order to use the USB maps you have to manually transfer each Number value over. Some usb maps have more fuel mapping numbers since they can map to an extra 250 rpm intervals. only use the 500 rpm Interval values.

I hope you understand. Repost as needed..

Also, there are different map files here on our forum Power Commander Maps

I can send you a map for the serial but don't know how to..
Hey I've downloaded the correct software and the problem is that I cannot transfer each number value over without first having a .map file. It doesn't let you save the completed file that you manually created unless you first load a .map file. My problem is that the power commander website only hosts the new map files, and I cannot create a new map file without an original .map file. (not a .djn file)

·
Super Moderator
2,862 Posts
Ok, So your using this one(Picture below) and is says incompatible. Its connecting to the com port, right?

I couldn't get mine going when I got my bike either but I cant remember what or how I did it. Actually, I was using the wrong software if I remember right. Its been some time.

Attachments

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok, So your using this one(Picture below) and is says incompatible. Its connecting to the com port, right?

I couldn't get mine going when I got my bike either but I cant remember what or how I did it. Actually, I was using the wrong software if I remember right. Its been some time.
Yes that is the one I am using, and yes it is connecting. You can see in the picture that it is displaying rpms, throttle position, and fuel change, but will not fetch the map from the power commander when I hit utilities > get all.
This picture is what happens when I click that, you can see on the bottom it says it is incompatible.

One interesting thing is that while it says it is incompatible and cannot load the current map there is a nonzero value for the fuel adjustment (it varies with the rpms and throttle), that tells me that there is in fact a map running that is adjusting the fuel outside of the stock value. (or does it? not sure...)

Also something that interests me is that the second picture says "map 120" maybe somewhere on the intrawebs there is a list of old map descriptions with their numbers....who knows. I'm going to call power commander tomorrow and see if they can email me a .map file. Also bonus bike pic...

Attachments

·
Registered
818 Posts
With nice weather, I got my bike out yesterday after repairing a flat due to a defective valve stem. **** thing cranked right up and ran good. I went down the road and topped it off with some non-ethanol gas.

I haven't messed with the PCIII (old serial model) in a long long time and think maybe I'd like to get familiar with it again. Coincidentally I read your post. So I look in a directory called pwrcmdr and find a ton of stuff.

You're welcome to it if want it, lots of M403-00$.map files and the PCom3 application utility.

If just the zero, I have it too.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
With nice weather, I got my bike out yesterday after repairing a flat due to a defective valve stem. **** thing cranked right up and ran good. I went down the road and topped it off with some non-ethanol gas.

I haven't messed with the PCIII (old serial model) in a long long time and think maybe I'd like to get familiar with it again. Coincidentally I read your post. So I look in a directory called pwrcmdr and find a ton of stuff.

You're welcome to it if want it, lots of M403-00$.map files and the PCom3 application utility.

If just the zero, I have it too.
Where can I access that directory?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Got it!!

I woke up today to an email from power commander with the zero.map file
I will attach it here. This one now allows me to edit it and save, and hopefully send a new map to my bike! I think it would be awesome to add this to that map library that several people have linked me to with a little blurb about the serial power commanders....I'm sure they're few and far between at this point but you never know who will need it! I will try it out tonight and then upload whatever edited map ends up working out for me!

It actually won't allow me to upload it...it says invalid file. What can I do to make it accessable?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hey guys last night I took the zero.map file and converted M403-012.djn over to the .map file. It works pretty well so far! I also swapped out my spark plugs too since it was running so rich for a while. I might try another map file but I haven't ridden it enough to know. Going to do the oil and possibly transfer case fluid today. I would like to add the zero.map file and my converted file to your guys' library so people with the serial and older pc3s can access them. But it wont let me upload the file, can I email it to someone?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts