RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anybody get me a picture of their rear fender that shows how the vinyl pads go on? -The onesto protect the paint from the seat rubbing. I had my bike painted and didn't plan ahead with this.I could guess and am 99% certain I'd be able to make it work, but I'd like to put them as close to original as possible. I figure the factory put them where they did for a reason, so I might as well keep it that way.

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
I did the same thing.
  1. What i did was double over some painters tape.
  2. And put the seat on. T
  3. hen they will stick to the fender.
  4. Place a piece of tape where it was stuck.
  5. Look under seat and make sure your bumpers are sitting on the tape.
  6. Replace the painters tape w/ the clear vinyl ones.
I hope that helps.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bucky685 said:
I did the same thing.
  1. What i did was double over some painters tape.

That is a goodidea, and I can see about wheresome would go with the rubber pads, butthe dealer gave me 4 squarepads and 2 L shaped pads... seemed like too many and I'm not sure how to configure them.

picaflor said:
Are those squares the vinyl pads? or what do you refer?

Thanks, that would be what I need, but how many pads do you have? I can only see 2 square ones and the 2 L shaped a little lower behind the seat. Did the dealer just make a mistake and order too many for me or do you have more than the 4 I can see?

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
I did a diferent set up with the clear film.I am using a phantom pad for the wife and to protect from the suction cups I lined the rear fender with the clear film in the shape of the seat.Doesnt look bad.Most people dont even notice it when the seat is not on.

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
The two"L" shaped pieces go in the front. Behind the driver seat.

It would also help, what year is your bike. Because they are in different places on 02-03 &04+

·
Registered
302 Posts
Bringing this one back to life. I've just repainted.I have an 04 and ordered the seals pictured in this thread. The 04 uses 6 of these. 4 of them or forthe top. I'm running a Corbin Rumble seat so I'll be placing them in a slightly different position than what's shown. No big deal there. My question though is what about the 2 that go toward the front of the rear fender? Is this for protection of the front part of the seat or battery box or both? Does anyone have a shot of the rear fender showing the seals at the very front? Of course I didn't take a pic first. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
8,912 Posts
Pdiddy said:
Bringing this one back to life. I've just repainted.I have an 04 and ordered the seals pictured in this thread. The 04 uses 6 of these. 4 of them or forthe top. I'm running a Corbin Rumble seat so I'll be placing them in a slightly different position than what's shown. No big deal there. My question though is what about the 2 that go toward the front of the rear fender? Is this for protection of the front part of the seat or battery box or both? Does anyone have a shot of the rear fender showing the seals at the very front? Of course I didn't take a pic first. Thanks!
My original 2004rear fender showing the OEMpad placement for the stock 2-pcseat

CLICK ON PHOTO to ENLARGE

·
Administrator
29,699 Posts
Maybe decide what you neeed based on what seat you have on your 2003 Warrior. Is it still this seat?

[pic deleted by ArizonaWarrior]

[added: Never mind, I see your post reviving an older thread, and yours is a 2004 bike, my bad]

2002-2003 (stock = 1 piece stinger seat as shown on your bike):

2004+ (stock = 2 piececruiser seat):

·
Registered
4,961 Posts
Why bother ? Those stickers look worse than the slight cloudiness that the pads leave on the clearcoat ! I've got about 90,000 miles on my tins without any of those stickers ... I use a bunch of different seats .. None of the wear looks as bad as those stickers ... IMHO.

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
I'm with Bruce. I was worried about it when my paint was finished, but threw caution to the wind. No problem withe stocker. If you are running a Corbin like I now am then worry. The little hard rubber bumpers on my wifes pillion have done some blurring.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I was more concerned about the placement of the 3 seals toward the front of the fender. Alan's photos got me on the right track there. When I went to reassemble the fender I could see how the seals lined up with the rear of the toolkit mount. There are pads on this mount also. I have the Corbin Rumble so I placed the rest of the seals according to how the rubber bumpers sat on the fender (four on each side for a total of 8). I used Yamaha seals and some left over clear paint protector pads I got from a bicycle shop. Bicycle shops have this stuff for protection against bike chains, etc. They just gave me some of it. It appears to be the same as the OEM Yamaha seals just in different shapes. Corbin seats have a track record of leaving some scuffing/blurring in the clear from the bumpers. I have no plans to change the seat or the color of the bike again so I wanted to be sure to protect it correctly. The bike it black now and I'm trying to avoid any avoidable scuffs, swirls, scratches, etc.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Arizona Warrior said:
Maybe decide what you neeed based on what seat you have on your 2003 Warrior. Is it still this seat?

2002-2003 (stock = 1 piece stinger seat as shown on your bike):

2004+ (stock = 2 piececruiser seat):

11 in the diagram was where my initial concern was. It became obvious with the pic and reassembly how and why those seals are used.

·
Administrator
29,699 Posts
Oops,my bad, I didn't follow thepost dates did I hehe. Yours is an 04 . . . the OP's was an 03 . . . ugh.

Pdiddy said:

·
Registered
302 Posts
Arizona Warrior said:
Oops,my bad, I didn't follow thepost dates did I hehe. Yours is an 04 . . . the OP's was an 03 . . . ugh.

I've had my tins off my bike since the start of October. I have a painter working them in around other jobsand he's taking his sweet time. I'm still waiting for the tank and front fender. Ijust put on therear fender andunder seat side covers.I put in Church's VBAK with painted coil plate, AISplates,and stacks, cleaned up some hoses, bolted on some billet, etc during the down time. I'm not getting the tank and front fender back for another few weeks. If I ever get the thing back together I'll post up some pics in my gallery.Next mod while I'm waiting... Radiantz LED frame for my Yami inner fender kit. It looks like two wires from the stock rear licenselight just need to be connected to the new LED frame. That's for another thread though...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts