RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys pictures for my warrior are in my gallery for reference.

I'm not new to working on bikes although mostly dirt from bottom end, splitting cases, valve work...comfortable and no probem with any of that type of work.

But for some damned reason I can NOT figure out how to get the Speedstar airbox cover off the left side of my bike.

I did a little poking and mine has the VnH BS pipes and a PCIIIUSB (from previous owner).....but still has the AIS installed which I called Dynotek and they said thats a big No No.

So I ordered the Barons kit and have blocked off countless different AIS systems from quads to dirtbikes.....but again how the **** do I get this cover off? I cant find any bolts and I know there are the pop style plug rivet things on the back side but the front side has no wiggle room to it and really feels bolted down.

Am I missing a bolt somewhere here? Dont want to break it off pulling it.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I am just guessing, but have you tried removing the screen from the front? Maybe there is access to a fastener through there???? If you do get it off in one piece, I may be interested in buying it.

One thing is for sure, you will definitely get the answer here shortly.

Good luck.

P.S. Welcome to the site.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did actually try removing the screen but the screws seemed to be tapped in to the plastic and didnt want to back out.

Felt like maybe they were supposed to only go in once and then not come back out.

I'm hoping to find someone how has installed these theirselves and can tell me how it goes on.

·
Vendor
943 Posts
That is a sweet ride you have there. Guess I am bias but the 05-06 midnights are my favorate. I am heading to vegas early jan but will not have my warrior with me.

·
Premium Member
8,918 Posts
gman said:
I wish I could find a site this good for my Raider.
No comment but i'm sure you know about this:
The Delphi RAIDERAND RAIDER S FORUM!!!

ohiomike use to hang out there and i joined up early onto pick-up some Raider parts last year for my Warrior.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts