RS Warrior Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Robert let me say something. We are a very tight knit group here almost like family. Some of us have been here for 10 to 15 years and some even 18. Once you are part of us we really look out for one another but coming in here while just joining and your it's your first post it is difficult to get the temperature of your request. Also by just saying ask or check with the NutswingingThrottleRiders who I am really does nothing for me. Sorry but humility goes a long way.
Plenty of parts are available around here. There is a big stash of stuff lurking around.
I was just saying check there page for confirmation im having a hard enough typing on here. Just trying to find warrior parts I don't know why this has turned in to a huge ordeal about having to prove my accident for parts and then members doing back ground checks posting an article about my high speed chase 2 yrs ago. What does this have to do with parts.. id rather sell bike as is i just liked the bike but really don't need to go through all this **** for parts.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Not sure when we started doing background checks on members but I don't think it's very cool to post your arrest up. I've run from the cops and got caught twice guess I can't do business here anymore LOL

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
I dont no why that was posted either my arrest record pretty confidential, there's a Heppa law anyways why would medical stuff be listed unless cops were involved or someone died they dont..

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Honestly have never seen a new member get treated like this. I hope this rocky start doesn't deture you from sticking around the forum this is a great source for warrior owners. It would be best for a moderator to either edit this back to the thread it was intended to be or close it and start a new one listing the parts your looking for.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
It got turned a little sideways when the first post (which is gone) was asking for donations.
Well now, didn't see the first post asking for donations....egg on my face, I can see where that would raise some suspicion. That really changes the way this entire thread reads. All said and done this is so muddled its probably still best to close this thread and start over.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Rsw121990;

-Lets reboot this discussion and try and point you in a direction to some sources for oem parts. I know that you can get the OEM Yamaha stuff from partzilla.com
and many other internet sources to include EBAY. In my opinion, before I sprung for a new/used tank, have a body shop you trust give it a look over as those dents
look like they can be fixed and after a new paint job you will never be able to tell. That will save you the A$$pain trying to locate that unicorn and also cash to buy
the other things you need. Just my two cents worth...

I might have a used shifter lever and set of OEM bars in my storage unit. As for grips, mirrors, fenders and signals there are definitely most of those items
on ebay. If the fenders are not the same color as you require, remember that you can have them sprayed at your body shop if the tank can be salvaged.

Hope this helps out a little. As for your health, take it easy and take the time to heal. Then get back on the scoot and ride.
Rg

·
Administrator
29,190 Posts
We all know everyone here is entitled to their opinion with regard to posting what-ever they need to as long as it pertains to the topic(s) in the thread. And while I had seen it and did not mention it here, I know that we all support and protect other member's right to walk their own path.

For me, well, I already said it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
It got turned a little sideways when the first post (which is gone) was asking for donations.
I didn't intend to ask for donations i shared a link that should i was in an accident which was a fundraiser article. And wrote that I needed support with finding parts. Sorry for mis leading the post. It got twisted by comments that was stating I was fraud because another member pulled my wrap sheet from years ago which made everything look bad. Im in hospital bed cant walk and barely text.. anyways no hard feelings just need parts or to sell bike. I don't expect a handout just was hoping for parts the listed fundraiser showed an ammout i had to work with.. does anyone know how I can get tank fix tank or use a similar custom tank that will fit, also headlight and where can I buy grips and maybe an idea on break resivour with lever and a clutch lever, shifter levet and foot pegs any where I can get that fits.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Rsw121990;

-Lets reboot this discussion and try and point you in a direction to some sources for oem parts. I know that you can get the OEM Yamaha stuff from partzilla.com
and many other internet sources to include EBAY. In my opinion, before I sprung for a new/used tank, have a body shop you trust give it a look over as those dents
look like they can be fixed and after a new paint job you will never be able to tell. That will save you the A$$pain trying to locate that unicorn and also cash to buy
the other things you need. Just my two cents worth...

I might have a used shifter lever and set of OEM bars in my storage unit. As for grips, mirrors, fenders and signals there are definitely most of those items
on ebay. If the fenders are not the same color as you require, remember that you can have them sprayed at your body shop if the tank can be salvaged.

Hope this helps out a little. As for your health, take it easy and take the time to heal. Then get back on the scoot and ride.
Rg
Awesome thank you how much do you think the bike is worth as is 2004 rs 1700 tires are new not even 100 miles on them 32000 miles on bike

·
Administrator
29,190 Posts
@Rswarraior121990

If you like the suggestion to reboot then clearly post that here. Then I will remove this thread and you can start a new WANTED TO BUY thread in The Marketplace. Its free. Just follow the Forum Rules found in The Welcome Mat.

List your bike's year and list each part you need. Then save the new thread. Your ad will be seen by everyone eventually.

Then use advanced search to search The Marketplace's two For Sale forums for your parts.

For fuel tanks, do a full forum search there's lots of ink.

I'll try to be helpful to extent able but you just need to hunt around here and you'll get tips.

As for what your wrecked bike is worth, we believe you have the right to ask what-ever you want and if no action do what you want. Check the Forum Rules in The Welcome Mat forum.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
I dont no why that was posted either my arrest record pretty confidential, there's a Heppa law anyways why would medical stuff be listed unless cops were involved or someone died they dont..
As Hefty said we're a pretty tight-knit group of guys here but at the same time we are very welcoming to all newcomers. That being said your first post definitely threw up some red flags of potentially being a scam. you've never posted here before and the first thing you day is say I've been in an accident and I need some help and $ and every one of your posts contains some spelling issues. You really can't get mad at us for being skeptical. If someone joined your Facebook group with the same request I got to believe you'd react the same way. I don't know about you but I get phone calls emails and snail mail all trying to scam me every day, it's just the world we live in.
Whoever posted that clipping of your arrest wasn't trying to do so to harm you. We're not a judgmental group like that we're just trying to verify that you are real person. again in this day and age you've got to understand where we're coming from.

This absolutely is the place to find help sourcing the parts to rebuild your bike. Many of these parts are available here or members know where to find them, but before you straight up ask for cash donations you got to develop some credibility and reputation. That's true today and it's been true for decades.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
@Rswarraior121990

If you like the suggestion to reboot then clearly post that here. Then I will remove this thread and you can start a new WANTED TO BUY thread in The Marketplace. Its free. Just follow the Forum Rules found in The Welcome Mat.

List your bike's year and list each part you need. Then save the new thread. Your ad will be seen by everyone eventually.

Then use advanced search to search The Marketplace's two For Sale forums for your parts.

For fuel tanks, do a full forum search there's lots of ink.

I'll try to be helpful to extent able but you just need to hunt around here and you'll get tips.

As for what your wrecked bike is worth, we believe you have the right to ask what-ever you want and if no action do what you want. Check the Forum Rules in The Welcome Mat forum.
Is it really necessary for him to have to request this thread gets closed? This thread is so off track with him having to defend himself that who's going to read through 30+ posts to find out what he needs. I feel the longer this thread stays active the less likely someone is going to be willing to help. I didn't see your first post so not sure how it was Intended to be read but the fact remains you are not a scammer but a man in the hospital just trying to get his bike on the road. Funny how triggered this made members but no one says anything to the guy that just joined looking for suzuki parts lol.

·
Administrator
29,190 Posts
Yes but I cannot guess or assume to know what he wants. Its his decision.

Besides, if I remove this thread then there is nothing and its up to him if that is preferred, and also up to him to start fresh or not.

My take, having seen the five or six places he originally scatter-posted his donation facebook link, is that he should have been banned for scamming because it was blatantly obvious. But something caused me to merge things and delete duplicates and remove all of the donation-links instead.

Only time will tell if that decision on my part was right or wrong.

If its removed and later anyone sells to him and does not get paid then leaving this here will have been the smart thing.

I'm hoping this was just a bad start and all will work out and he will participate and become one of us. No way to know. Its an act of faith, its what we do here.

Its his call. If this goes quiet then I will likely close it.

·
Premium Member
3,909 Posts
So OP, I helped a friend of mine bring a neglected Warrior back to running condition.
Some of the things you are asking for according to your pics can be salvaged like the foot controls I saw can be bent back into shape with some love. The gas tank might set you back if you repair it locally $400 to $500. I didn't see the shape of the fenders but unless your fenders are completely trashed any body shop could probably fix them.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I did NOT know that OP scatter posted a link to facebook donation site when I posted my response. I am with AZW, Heftysmurf and others on being
very wary of what we all deal with on a daily basis in this world. I also stand with AZW and his response to defend "the family" first and foremost. So
Thank YOU AZW for doing so.

RSwarrior121990; I left you some places to check out for parts and some advice on your course of action. Heftysmurf has also given rock solid word
for your course of action. Let us know what you decide and the outcome of your rebuild, as I see it definitely do-able. Take your time and do it right,
as I think that these things are part of the journey we all must make at one time or another.

I sincerely hope that we got off on a bad start with your OP and that you understand that a lot of fella's on here have been taken advantage of and
as a collective group "we circle the wagons" when it comes to this behavior. Do not mistake big hearts with weakness or foolery, it is one of the many
awesome things about this group.
Rg

·
Administrator
29,190 Posts
This thread has gone quiet and the OP has not posted for 22 days. As discussed earlier, this thread is being closed. Moderators hold no malice toward the OP and we have hope the thread was simply an unfortunate sequence of circumstances. Therefore the member account will not be impacted, meaning he may still post and participate including looking for parts if he wants. We are taking on faith that members will embrace the responsibilities of sellers and buyers indicated in the Forum Rules.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.