RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got notice my kit is in, way before I thought, will go in next Tuesday, here is my dilemma, I can order HC pistons and have them in time,order springs at same time and be ready to drop in cam w/out teardown if I want later OR order Big Bore Kit, either Patrick 110 or OE 108,I will have to send my jugs in to both of them, thier are no spare cores to be had, do the same spring thing and have my bike tore down for appx 3 weeks(will bring it home) don't wan't to hear pro's/ con's onsleeved or not just want opinion, have Churches Vbac and Rhineharts waiting, will order pc111, am happy w/present performance BUT want to take advantage of recall situation. What would you do Pistons w/cam down the road or Bad Ass Bige Bore ? Thanks in advance.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,957 Posts
Chop, if you are happy with present performance (I am not), go with the mods you can get on bike quickest and out riding again. Get to enjoy about 3 weeks of spring weather you would otherwise miss.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know what you mean Arthur, it is the end of winter here, getting 45 - 55 degree days, 3 weeks minimum is a long time after a long winter, I figure w/HC pistons, BAC, Rhinharts and custom map I should get appx 16 hp, not shabby and if I go w/OE cams in the summer that will add a few, all I can see gettin from the Big bore is appx4 HP BUT the added torgue would be sweet, will make my decision tomarrow, have to if I wan't to get the pistons.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
639 Posts
Hi Choptop. You already know what I ordered (110ci from PR). Why?

I PM'd back and forth with a some of our members. Got behind the scenes scoop that doesn't necessarily make it out here. Considered Speedstar cams and HC pistons. Considered OE and PR cams and std. bore HC pistons. I went through all the combo's. I ended up with the BB kit from Patrick Racing (this AFTER having set my dealer up with OE).

Your choice. But I think, $ for $, what I ordered gives me the most now and the most potential later. Good luck. Think hard. PM those you trust who've already been there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Spear, I talked to Dave at Patrick and am considering them seriously BUT it comes down to DOWN time, do I want my bike down for 3-4 weeks .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
639 Posts
I understand guy, BELIEVE ME (sigh) I really do. My bike was down about 6 months due to my "sealing" experiments (long story).

But, think about this (everyone): How long will you be riding your bike after it is back from the recall? To get what you want, isn't it worth a few more weeks? That was my decision to make, too.

I plan to be riding a long time before my bike is "down" again. It'll be worth the wait, for me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,137 Posts
I'm taking mine in tomorrow. They're sending my stuff out to be done and it will be down for the three weeks. I don't like it at all, but the weather here is just starting to turn so it won't be too bad. Roads are still full of salt and rocks from the winter. We had two of our friends go down friday on account of the rocks all over the road so the three wekks won't be too bad of a wait. That way I won't have to rip her apart next year to do more to the motor. If you have the money for it, I'd go for it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Warstar, what are you going with ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,527 Posts
I'd take it in now and miss the three weeks and call it good. It's still early in your riding season and you can make up the miles later and enjoy them more
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22,677 Posts
I'm going to keep mine like it is for a couple of years & about 25000 more miles on a freshly rebuilt engine, then I'll take it in to get a big bore kit and have a fresh & stronger engine for the next 25000 miles. That's my plan anyway. I need to get a sportbike in the short term to satisfy my need for speed.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
13,703 Posts
Chop, I have the same exact dilemma. My kit's not in, but it could be any day. I won't do this recall without adding something. First I was just gonna do pistons. But now I want a big bore kit. As far as I'm concerned both companies' kits have pro and cons that, to me balance them out. So, for me, it only comes down to time. My riding season is just about to start. I don't know if I could add another month of not riding.

Although, WW, makes a good point. It is early and the first time I crack the throttle I will probably forget about the wait. Decisions.
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top