RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I have to sell my baby - time to buy a house. Just curious what I should ask for it. Here is the information on it:

http://rswarrior.com/Gallery/getsumbaby.aspx

'03 titanium, 45k miles, recall done at 15k, always synthetic, always garaged, mileage from freeway driving to work.
-Cycle Image polished 6 degree tree's
-Cycle Image adjustable lowering kit (about 2" lower)
-Progressive 850-1200lb spring
-Polished upper/lower forks
-Yammi TT bars (cut 3/4" off each side)
-Yammi chrome steering nut cover
-Yammi chrome front axle covers
-Yammi rear peg relocation kit
-Yammi lower cowl
-PCIII USB runnning amospro map
-Custom graphics (stickers) on the tank and rear fender
-MC Enterprises Sissy Bar so the little lady will be MORE comfortable and not fall off the back. Install/ Remove in minutes
-Memphis Shades Hellcat with 1.5" mounts for TTbars. Install/ Remove in minutes
-Custom SS braided -8an left side fuel line
-Custom front SS braided brake lines
-Vance and Hines 2 into 1
-Churchkey VBAK & AIS block off plates
-Relocated Fuel Pressure Regulator under tank
-Removed left side dry-brake
** Custom ignition switch in 102 cu" cover on left side (starts like a car)
-F. Kodlin "Elypse" chrome billet headlight w/ custom mount (not installed yet)
-50's Boy anti-lock cruise control "The Throttler" ($225 installed)
-Removed front/rear reflectors
-Removed lower belt guard
-Painted upper belt guard
-Moded rear tail - moved plate up
-Coil relocation plate (thanks messx03)
-Gel seat insert and shaved stock seat

Thanks,
Ed

·
Registered
341 Posts
Hope you sell her quick... owning a new house is a great feeling too! Not like the feeling you get from wind in our face, but still a good feeling.

·
Registered
5,332 Posts
IMO you'll be lucky to get $7-7.5k really quick on that. The mileage is a big turnoff to most buyers. I know, I know, 45k is nothing for these bikes. But I couldn't sell my 05 with 40k miles for any more than $4k to a private party. No one wanted it. Then I lucked out and went to a dealer and they offered me $6000 to buy it outright. So I jumped on it.

BTW, my bike is still sitting at the dealer waiting to be sold 7 months later. Still no one has bought her up.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
quote:Originally posted by DFW_Warrior

IMO you'll be lucky to get $7-7.5k really quick on that. The mileage is a big turnoff to most buyers. I know, I know, 45k is nothing for these bikes. But I couldn't sell my 05 with 40k miles for any more than $4k to a private party. No one wanted it. Then I lucked out and went to a dealer and they offered me $6000 to buy it outright. So I jumped on it.

BTW, my bike is still sitting at the dealer waiting to be sold 7 months later. Still no one has bought her up.

Very true. Infact, 10k miles hurts the sale of a motorcycle. Because motorcycles are so cheap (pricewise), people are always going to be looking for the best deal with the lowest mileage.

I've seen quite a few warriors going around here for 6-7k and they have less than 5,000 miles are are '04s+.

I wouldn't expect to get 7.5-8k for our '06 warrior, mint, with 7k miles.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well im looking to get about $6k for it. Otherwise I will just sell all the extras and see how it goes.

Ed

·
Registered
324 Posts
Sorry you have to sell your bike but you got your priorities straight. A house is important. The price of $7500 would be too steep for my blood based on miles alone but it is a really nice bike and might go for $6000. Good luck.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok - i was off on mileage. It has 30k. Does this help the value much?
Ed

quote:Originally posted by SkavenDC

Sorry you have to sell your bike but you got your priorities straight. A house is important. The price of $7500 would be too steep for my blood based on miles alone but it is a really nice bike and might go for $6000. Good luck.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Owning a house is great, and the MODS seem to be endless. The first few years of remodeling, painting, and various upgrades are fun. It is when they never end that gets to you. You'll get another bike just to get away from it.

·
Registered
5,332 Posts
quote:Originally posted by getsumbaby

Ok - i was off on mileage. It has 30k. Does this help the value much?
Ed

IMO I'd say not really. Once you get over than magic 10k mile mark it seems that no one really wants these Japanese bikes anymore.

JMW, I hate to tell you but if you look here: http://www.rswarrior.com/Gallery/Centerline.aspx, this bike is for sale for almost the same price you got yours for. And the paint on this one is drop dead gorgeous. I don't know for a fact, but I'd say there is at least 5 grand in paint on that bike and it's selling for less than 10.

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
Did they wash it and put on a front fender?

That might help.

quote:Originally posted by DFW_Warrior

1 - 16 of 16 Posts