RS Warrior Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well ive always rode with him, but over the past few months i havnt been able to. yesterday was the first time since spring, and now i remember why i dont like riding with him. total disregard for anything. takes turns without looking, jumps the light so if anyone is running the red they will cream him, insists gear is girls, darts between cars with no signals or without even checking, its just insane. really gets on my nerves and have to vent here a bit. another of his "fun moves" is to let go of the bars completely and basically lay on his seat with his arms dragging at his sides. he was texting on his phone while riding yesterday too. now its not like we live in the country where there are few people, no we live in the city with a lot of traffic. i stayed about 50 feet away from him at all times because if he crashed it i didnt want my bike getting messed up as well. ahhh to make it better hes crashed 3 bikes already but since they were minor he thinks its fine. he was in the ambulance with me when i crashed my bike, andmade the moronic comment of "see thats why i dont wear a jacket, it doesnt do ***". the EMT had to stop what she was doing and procceed to tell him what an absolute idiot he is. he pisses me off because he gives bikes a bad image, people like him are the reason some people wanna see us crash and get messed up.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Well either don't ride with him or wait for Darwin to work his magic! Then swoop in ad "console" his girlfriend. (if she is hot)

Aaron

·
Premium Member
4,412 Posts
Throw her the bone anyway, while he's laid up, that way even if the crash don't change the way he rides you won't have to worry 'bout riding with him, anymore.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
I think its time to vent to him.

Something like "Dude,your riding like a d!ck. I dont want to see you eat it and I think you need to knock it off. If thats going to be a problem than maybe we will just meet up at the (insert destination here)."

If he doesnt like what you have to say, find new people to ride with.

Good Luck....increase your odds though, stay smart.

·
Vendor
7,301 Posts
BJMartin said:
I think its time to vent to him.

Something like "Dude,your riding like a d!ck. I dont want to see you eat it and I think you need to knock it off. If thats going to be a problem than maybe we will just meet up at the (insert destination here)."

If he doesnt like what you have to say, find new people to ride with.

Good Luck....increase your odds though, stay smart.
I second this. If he cant handle the critisism like a man and understand your looking out for him as well as yourself, then fukim, find a new riding buddy.

I love my cousin but he does the same *** when we ride. So, I just dont ride with him. We get along great now.

·
Registered
11,588 Posts
Sometimes I ride a little crazy but usually ask a few times mid trip If its an OK pace. I remember Bo's Bash Steve and I just took off from the group and waited at the next stop sign.. For quite a while if I remember, Sangathor rides Fast.. You need a different group or to comunicate the pace before you leave so its understood.. As for the gear statement he is an idiot to think that way. I may ride without gear sometimes but gear is always better than no gear..

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Ask him if hes ever heard of Murphy's Law. If he says no, tell him to read up on it. Chances are he will become a example, then he'll at least understand.

I agree with the rest. If my gf pisses me off enough times, I stop trying to fix the problem and just try another gf.

·
Premium Member
4,575 Posts
I think one of your biggest reasons to 'teach' him reality is the image he gives all of us. We already deal with enough people thinking we are cocky just because we ride bikes.

Here in California we are allowed to split lanes, that oftens adds to the cocky image. Anyone riding like an idiot does not help the cause, not to mention all his friends having to go to his funeral "God forbid"

Stay your course with NOT riding with him. He might even coax you into doing something stupid. Sounds like you have a good healthy attitude towards riding. Either get him on board or leave him alone.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Sounds like hecould bean ass but you never know. He also sounds fun and even stayed with you in the Ambulance when you did something worse than his three minor wrecks. Sometimes those people are very aware even if you think they are not. If he went down three times and was able to mitigate it to a minor incident even though he has no gear I say he is very aware.Some brains are amped up and ready for danger all the time. Dont let him lead you, just ride and back off when he is feelin froggy. Have a plan as to where you are gonna go so it dont matter when you get there or who is first. Sounds like an ok guy to me and who knows, he could be writing on his forum that you are a wuss rider but he likes you so he hasn't said anything to you!

It's all good just stay out of the ambulance and dont cockblock your bros!

·
Registered
10,143 Posts
The important question to be asked here is: Would he like to join
the Triangle Squids to become a member of our much-envied/admired
group?

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
INJEKTER said:
You have been riding with a "SQUID" you must stop at once.

MMMMmmmmmMMMMM!! I like me some squid. I think you girls need to stop crying about people and the way they drive. If he crashes, he will only hurt himself. Maybe ding a door or two. I'm a squid and **** proud. I don't ride with cocky slow-assed cruiser riders either. If that were the case, I'd ride with a group of HD riders.

Oh yeah, gear is for girls.

chiefjudge said:
well ive always rode with him, but over the past few months i havnt been able to. yesterday was the first time since spring, and now i remember why i dont like riding with him. total disregard for anything. takes turns without looking, jumps the light so if anyone is running the red they will cream him, insists gear is girls, darts between cars with no signals or without even checking, its just insane. really gets on my nerves and have to vent here a bit. another of his "fun moves" is to let go of the bars completely and basically lay on his seat with his arms dragging at his sides. he was texting on his phone while riding yesterday too. now its not like we live in the country where there are few people, no we live in the city with a lot of traffic. i stayed about 50 feet away from him at all times because if he crashed it i didnt want my bike getting messed up as well. ahhh to make it better hes crashed 3 bikes already but since they were minor he thinks its fine. he was in the ambulance with me when i crashed my bike, andmade the moronic comment of "see thats why i dont wear a jacket, it doesnt do ***". the EMT had to stop what she was doing and procceed to tell him what an absolute idiot he is. he pisses me off because he gives bikes a bad image, people like him are the reason some people wanna see us crash and get messed up.

Quit riding with him and I am going to bet he does not like the way you ride either. Just a thought?

·
Registered
611 Posts
gowen said:
INJEKTER said:
You have been riding with a "SQUID" you must stop at once.

MMMMmmmmmMMMMM!! I like me some squid. I think you girls need to stop crying about people and the way they drive. If he crashes, he will only hurt himself. Maybe ding a door or two. I'm a squid and **** proud. I don't ride with cocky slow-assed cruiser riders either. If that were the case, I'd ride with a group of HD riders.

Oh yeah, gear is for girls.

Told you there were two side to this story! LOL Who let the doggs out? who... who... who... Who let the godds out?

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
gowen said:
If he crashes, he will only hurt himself.

Hopefully, but it's kind of stupid to assume that. When someone's being a jacka$$ on the freeway and cuts you off orswerves into youbecause they're not paying attentiondo you say "oh well, he'll probably only end up hurting himself with that driving"? We have to share the roads and be considerate just like we expect of others. I'd let him knowhe sucks to ride with if our riding was that different but if he's downright dangerous I'd like to think I'd let him know what a stupid ass squid he's being also and how it screws it up for everyone. I agree with Gowen in one way, he probably doesn't like riding with you either so what's the point in continuing to try? Just tell him to f.. off until he can grow up (if he gets the chance).

·
Registered
345 Posts
The idea that he will only hurt himself is BS.

If he just lays down the bike thats one thing. If he has/causes an accident thats another thing.

Him crashing into someone simply causes hardship for the other guy if it is only vehicle damage. If he causes injuries thats another. If he causes someone to sweve to stop from hitting/getinng hit or forces someone to strike a third etc etc and the potential for injuries simply grow.

If he is on the road like a squid, he is an a$$ to everyone else, simple.

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
he sounds like an "accident waiting to happen" to me and that type of rider usually gets what is coming to them sooner or later, if your gonna ride with him stay way back so you wont get tangled up in the mess when his luck runs out. yeah i know its fun to ride hard and pull stunts but the reality is that we arent impressing anyone with our dare devil skills and are only giving bikers a bad image

·
Premium Member
2,988 Posts
Sooner or later the Laws of Evolution will pervade and remove this mutated gene from our pool.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts