RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After having some issues with the kit I have(no idea what brand) I decided to order a vertical mount kit. Well, Florida just changed the law on Oct. 1 and it is now illegal to have a vertical mount. It has to be horizontal and clearly visible. Let me know what you got! Thinking about the Yamaha kit, but want to see others....

Thanks!

·
Registered
670 Posts
They did the same thing here in MN. I'm also interested. I'd like a virtical mount kit, but I'm not willing to get a bunch of tickets for it.

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
This is the one i've had for over a year with no problems.........................http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Yamaha-Warrior-License-plate-relocating-brkt-Roadstar_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp3286Q2em20Q2el1116QQitemZ170125605118#ht_819wt_0

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Will the plastic shroud fit over it correctly? The one I have now had to be cut to **** to get it to fit and it still doesn't hold the light tight.

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
I had to do a little modding to it to make it work. You might have to make some kind of small bracket to fix it so it's stable.

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
RobRiguez said:
I have the yamaha fender elim kit and I love how it tucked the plate right up under the tail light. I did not have to mod anything. It bolted right up to the stock fender. I chose NOT to use the second bracket for the stock lic plate light.

I did exactly what RobRiguez did. Works great.

·
Registered
619 Posts
I originaly used a horizontal side mount but have sence moved to using a yamaha fender eliminator kit as I like the way it looks beter for me. the side mount that I had I got from a local vtwin shop in tacoma WA.

·
Premium Member
8,929 Posts
cltgt said:
... The Yamaha IFEKfits perfectly with the stock taillight and all thefactory hardware. Mine has served me well even with the 240 phat tire!

There is OEM anti vibration hardware (rubberbushings and brass flange spacers) to mount the taillight and the black plastic surround as well as a couple of tinnerman clips and the fender mounting screws/nuts that will fit perfectly with this.

Thereare other aftermarketproducts on the market for the Warriorthat will compromise the installation because they don't use the OEM hardware and some have even led to dimpled fenders on the 2-side mounting bolts because of the thinner gauge mat'l.

The Warrior IFEKbracket is fabricated with thick welded washers to accomodate the original length side bolts. So take caution using an off brand product as the damage is irreversible

·
Registered
670 Posts
Ok, so I understand that the Yamaha kit can be used with or without the license plate light bracket. But is it legal to run without a white license plate light? I imagine the red tail light lights up the plate pretty well. I'm just wondering if it's legal. If not, is there enough room with the yamaha kit to install some kind of lighted license plate bracket?

·
Super Moderator
5,845 Posts
That's what Alan has under his taillight. It looks like it is either a custom dynamics,or a radiance lighted tag cover. They look good.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I bought mine used and it had the mount with the "dimpling problem" but no license plate light. Which was fine untilthe fall when I'm more likely to ride after sunset. So I spent about $40 (w/S&H) and bought the radiance frame. It has a row of white LEDs. The installation was easy, since LEDs draw little current. I wired it by splicing one of the wires into the rear light wire and grounded the other wire around one of the license plate bolts.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I'm running the yamaha eliminator kit like many others are. I think the light strip looks good with the bracket like Alan's got but I went a different route for now. I got two mini bolt lights from Kuryakyn for a few bucks. It has a head cover on the alan head that has a slit in the side so the white LED light projects down onto the plate...lights it up pretty good.

·
Vendor
4,401 Posts
SWODude said:
I wired it by splicing one of the wires into the rear light wire and grounded the other wire around one of the license plate bolts.

why didnt you use the original license plate light wire??

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
It's settled. I'm getting the Yamaha kit. I already have an LED Frame, so, hopefully I can reuse it. Thank you all for the help!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts