RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone that just uses the ECU mod and has a BAK, with AIS blocked off...can you PM me? I want your opinion on how your bike is running.

I am getting a project bike next week with a BAK, and AIS already done, but I really don't have the money for a PC3. Wondering if the ECU mod will do good.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
C of S, i'running the thunder round, ais blocked off, and a bub's slip on. when i dyno'ed the bike, co1 and co2 were set at 7 and 6, respectively. bike was fairly lean at idle and lower rpm's up til the 4000 rpm range where it climbed to too rich, in the 11 to 1 ratio. since the bike was so lean at idle and lower rpm's i afterwards reset the ecu to +8 on both cylinders. bike runs smoothly, there is still a little decceleration popping, but not too much. it's probably a little less lean now at the lower rpm range, and even a little fatter up top. can't have it all though without the pc3. don't have any stalling or surging problems, bike pulls in all gears to the rev limiter....except for fifth...going way too fast for that....

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
Sent you a PM forgot to mention that the AIS is blocked although this really doesn't make any difference in this case. And OH YEAH it'll pull to the limiter in 5th anytime your up for it.
I personaly don't think it can run any better than this without going inside.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Mine are 9 & 9 I'm running foam filters on homemade stacks, and Propipe with custom baffle. Everything else does not affect the adjustment of ecu.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Just out of curiousity, would you recommend the PCIII to make adjusting to the mods easier? I've yet to get my Warrior (just got married, money cruch, and need to buy my truck so I can bring my toys with me).

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
There are arguably advantages to PC111s, but I don't think easy is one of them. I can make adjustment to my ecu in a couple of minutes. It requires no special tools or equipment and costs nothing.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Ecu is one adjustment for all RPM's = easy
PCIII is multiple adjustment all over the range = more detailed and more accurate.

oh yeah IMHO

·
Registered
173 Posts
So, the PCIII just covers a broader range of tweeking. Can I assume that there would not be any need to install it if I'm putting on a new set of pipes and that the ECU will take care of any tweeking I would need to do?

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
I do not have a PCIII so I my only repeating what I've read. All my adjustment have been to the ECU. And they have been public knowledge for Months. I'm search the search can fing them.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
you can get by without a pc3. however without doing a dyno run with an a/f graph across the rpm spectrum, you'll never really know for sure what your a/f ratio is an any given rpm range. the ecu adjusts evenly across the board, where a pc3 is "tuneable" to a specific problem range, if there is one. plenty of info available if you search. this one's been pretty much beat to death.

by the way, i'm not using a pc3, and i've got a thunder round and a bub's slip on.

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
Back in the olden days we used to do mods and then change our main jet till our plugs looked good and everybody felt pretty good about it. Now we have fuel injection with a map that mitsubishi spent a gazillion dollars and countless man hours mapping and we can bump the entire curve up or down a few points to our hearts delight (without ever smelling like gasoline)and we spend all our time arguing about weather or not our air fuel ratio is correct through the entire curve.
Okay I'm done now. It just seems like we torture this one a little to much. I've never owned a motorcycle that ran this good befor or after mods.
It does seem to me after reading all these though that I've seen more complaints about the way the bike was running with a PC111 on it than I have without.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Just ordered AIS Blockoff....thinking about BAK. Barons says use of BAK without PC3 or TFI will damage engine. I have adjusted my ECU per WW to good plug color, running stock air with Big shots.....now just trying to eliminate popping on decel and maybe gain a little power. So use of BAK with ECU adjustments is OK????

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Cult_of_Speed

Can someone that just uses the ECU mod and has a BAK, with AIS blocked off...can you PM me? I want your opinion on how your bike is running.

I am getting a project bike next week with a BAK, and AIS already done, but I really don't have the money for a PC3. Wondering if the ECU mod will do good.

I have BAK,AIS,Slip-on,Krank Vent.I disconect the PC111 until I can pay for a custom map. Right now , nobody do custom maps here until a guy ho do Harleys and have a 250 Dyno adquire a tunning link from Power Comander. My suggestion is : for what you want to do, do ECU. When you do exhaust,etc,etc,etc then do a custom map. But remember a custom map worth$$$ and one for you may not work exactly for another Warrior with the same mods. If you do another mod after custom map, you are going to redo that map. $$$
First write down the actual settings you have for CO1 and CO2. Then turn up those numbers in the richer mode by let say 4 numbers. Ex. Co1=-2 CO=-3. Then you turn them CO1-2+4=2. CO2=-3+4=1. Go and ride for about 15 minutes or more under day time. As you finish.Cool down maybe with a fan for fast cooling. Check one front and one rear plug(left side)and follow instruction on plugs. If lean, adjust by one number more until you get a good color. When installing PC111 they suggest that adjust both cyl. equally. In our example CO1=-2 and CO=-3 start with 0 both.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts