RS Warrior Forum banner

Needing fuel pump

1K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  WarriorCustoms 
#1 ·
Well, my fuel pump has gone out. Was really hoping it was the relay, but it tested fine. Was seeing if anyone had a parts bike with an extra fuel pump laying around they wanted to get rid of.

#3 ·
Hey Mike, always appreciate your input. I have pulled the LAS and it all seems to be functioning properly, doesn't seem like it hangs up or is gummed up at all. I haven't tested to verify the combined FI relay /start logic relay. Just pulled my dad's fi relay from his bike and tested it on mine. 😂 Definitely holding onto hope that it's something cheaper. 🤦‍♂️ thanks for the advice!

#4 ·
Wow, that sounds like you've proven the LAS and FI/Logic relay are not the culprits in this case. The other thing I've seen but not often is corrosion in the electrical plug on top of the pump housing. Watch out, it likes to crack if you get all rowdy on it. Plus watch out for the straight high pressure exit nipple, same deal.

Other than that, if you want to post what you are observing and any lights or codes, maybe it'll spur conversation. Meantime, yep, might as well shop for a replacement.

You know, a few guys here have found aftermarket pumps to fit the housing but it seems like none of them lasted very long. Caledonian Warrior (who seldom visits these days) actually found a batch if exact pumps and some of the UK/EU guys bought 'em as spares. But they had no markings. My spare Yamaha pump motor has no marking either. Sux.

#6 ·
I'm not sure to be honest. I had a guy message me and give me an email to a guy named Jeff Mills put of Texas. Says he has one to send for 100 dollars, but emails seem wierd and went to my messages to thank the guy for the tip on it and the message is gone. Hoping it's not a scam.

#7 ·
Probably a scam. LOTS of that going on lately. The message was probably gone due to admin action on suspicious character. It's getting harder and harder to trust anyone unless you have extensive interactions.

At the last company I worked at, it was becoming a trend to have to deal with "ghosting" employees. Either they wouldn't show up on the first day or would just leave after they got a new job without telling anyone. In this new, digital age, there is no consideration given to the impact on others and their time and efforts by just ghosting. It really sucks and I know you're not the only one this is happening to.

#11 · (Edited)
Bryan ... based on your prior mentioned troubleshooting I would suggest manually Jumping the F.I. Pump (FP) with the Ignition Key-Off.
IF necessary you can remove the LH Side Cover with Seat Key for accessibility to the 4-Pin connector and take care when doing the task!
  • Fabricate a couple of 18-14 Awg jumpers from the Battery to the Gray 4-Pin Connector on top of the pump.
  • You'll want to Jumper the Heavy Black Ground wire & Red/Blue wire at the Gray 4-Pin Connector on top of the pump and connect momentarily the Red/Blue wire to see if the FP is defective.
    • ADDED for Clarity: Heavy Black to Battery Ground & Red/Blue to Battery Positive

#12 ·
Bryan hopefully We can get a Good Repair Solution to the Fuel Pump & You get to do a New vid at the Same Time :)
Carefully take the Pump out of the Bucket and We can hopefully match it up to a Walbro or Herko fuel pump and Not a China 1 made piece!!!
Walbro = Made in USA
Herko = Made in Mexico
These are the Best 2 Options I know of that will be cheaper than Yamaha!!! Although Youll need to dig up Flow Specs and such... Hope this Helps :)

#13 ·
Well, looks like my bike may be on hold this season. Was starting to save the cash up to purchase a new pump, and got a call from my father. He is selling my original Warrior. Given the chance, I have to buy it. Four or five hundred dollars for a new pump goes a long way towards purchasing it, so I may have to wait till next year to ride. Was just contacted the other day from another rider wanting to sell me his for a great price and I had to tell him I wasn't in the position to buy it. Sometimes you've gotta suck it up and do what you have to do to get the things you want. Looks like I'll be working more overtime. 🤣 appreciate all your guy's inputs on everything.

#14 ·
Bryan if We can match up a Herko repair kit then it'll be like 20 to 30 bucks :) or a Walbro is 100+ but I put money on the Herko Lasting!!! The buddy that told Me about em has trucks running the 6+ yrs :) SO It will be a Win Win if the actual stock Yamaha pump inside the bucket matches up.... I get the wanting Your 1st Baby Back!!! Make it Happen & We can get Ya a new pump way cheaper than a Yamaha part #!!! Just Tryin to Help and I get the NO Ridin Sucks so Im all about Savin $$$ where I can for Quality parts thatll last on certain stuff!!!

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.