RS Warrior Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My neutral light comes on every time I pull in the clutch lever. It just started to happen, and it sucks when you're at a stoplight and the neutral light is on. It comes on in any gear, as long as the clutch lever is pulled in. (Not just in between 1st and 2nd.) Anyone else have this problem, or know how to fix it?

·
Registered
7,194 Posts
Did you install the billet neutral switch cover? If so it tends to shorten out the sensor and gives you falls neutral readings. I fixed that problem by add some insulation material between the contact the the cover. Work find ever since.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I haven't installed a cover or even worked around the switch. It's just odd that it just started to happen. I will check the switch and try to figure it out tonight. Thanks for the suggestions.

·
Registered
2 Posts
similar issue with neutral indication kickstand down neutral indication works fine. Put the kickstand up all gears indicate neutral. Prior to replacing the starter relay. I was only able to start the bike with the kickstand up. The starter relay may have a blown through diode that is lighting the neutral indication up when you pull the clutch lever. The instructions on testing the diodes is in the service manual.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts