RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After riding 75 miles the other nite getting back into town, I came to a stop light, went to put it in N to sit up and stretch the back, and it kept slipping past. I'd just feather the shift lever and it would slip from 1st to 2nd, from 2nd to 1st. Went through this 5 times always seeing the N light flash but it wouldn't stick. Anyone else experience this when they're Warrior was hot from a ride? Should this be a concern with the clutch or gears, or is it the nature of the beast[?]

·
Registered
592 Posts
How much play do you have on your clutch lever when the bike is hot? Might just need adjusting. I had the same problem on the day I bought my bike. Should only have about a nickle width between lever and perch.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was looking at the clutch today and that's about the play I got. Rode the bike to work and back home today, not a long ride, didn't experience it. Just noticed it after the long ride Friday nite.

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
Cold engine - use a credit card to measure free play. Use synthetic motor oil.

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
Call my brother (hibs)... He will show you how to adjust the clutch. Very easy to do, but I had to have him show me when I first got my bike. I agree, it sounds like you just need to adjust the clutch. I adjust the free play in mine about every two weeks or so, depending on how much I ride.

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
As long as you can still select all the gears and have no problems, then this is a good thing. I get about 12 months out of mine as long as I'm not replacing a cable.

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
I don't know if it is bad or not... It usually happens when I am doing a lot of shifting. And it seems that it works itself loose. Maybe I could screw the stopper on tighter, I don't know. But it doesn't bother me. I can adjust it at a stop light, so it is really no big deal.

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
how hard are clutch cables to replace? stupid question i know, but mine will have to be done soon... the sheath is cracked... not because its lose...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts