RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First post after a month or so of reading and learning. Recently picked up a 2002 stock, and have to thank everyone for the great insights. First things I picked up include a bunch of billet Yammi accessories in smooth; mini floorboards, shifter, brake, passenger pegs, chrome grips, fender stays, fork cap covers, inner fender eliminator, lower cowl, frame inserts. Also got 1.5" radius T-bars, lowering kit and hard krome pipes. Just updated the gallery with a couple of pics. My first question - if money is running out, and I can't do both, should I look at chrome rims or 240 kit?

·
Registered
6,075 Posts
Congrats on your new to you bike, and welcome to the forum.

Quite a laundry list of things you've got to begin modding. Congrats.

Also, go with the 240.

BTW, Good looking indigo Warrior.

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Sounds like your getting a **** of a start on mods and upgrades. Way to go.[^]I'd choose chrome rims.[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Congrats on the new Warrior! You've already got more chrome and billet than me and I've had mine 2 years! If it was me, I'ld go for the fat tire kit, JMO Congrats on all the Bling also!

·
Registered
339 Posts
IMO I would go for the chrome. It can be done cheaper than a 240. I have the same Mini Boards (Luv'em). Welcome aboard.[8D]

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the feedback. Still not sure which way to go. Maybe I'll save up throughout the winter and do the 240 chrome! If not I'm leaning towards just the 240. Mod bug has hit hard - but loving every minute of it. Want to make this bike my own. Today here in Toronto is the motorcycle show. Heading down into the city to check it out.

·
Registered
4,938 Posts
Damm Samm!, thought I was lookin at my bike. Congrats and welcome
240 all the way brother. I personally will be doing the 240 stock finish.
I think it looks pretty sick. Then possibly lookin at powder coatin the spokes to match the indigo tank and tins.

Ahhh,,,,the mods the mods!!!!

·
Registered
4,703 Posts
Congrats on getting the original. There was a transmission recall on the '02 & '03's. Has it been done on yours? If not then you have a real gem. It would be an oppurtunity to put in performance internals for minimal cost.

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
quote:Originally posted by The_Bear

Congrats on getting the original. There was a transmission recall on the '02 & '03's. Has it been done on yours? If not then you have a real gem. It would be an oppurtunity to put in performance internals for minimal cost.

Thanks for the info on the recalls. I'm trying to figure out if they've been done. I bought it from FLA and I'm in Canada. I'm waiting to hear back from Yamaha Canada. Help me understand what you mean by "performace internals" ?

·
Registered
395 Posts
Hey congrats on a great bike. And I have heard of mod fever but wow! you've some other mod disease. I've got a '02 in indigo too, and I love it. As far as your next mod, do the 240 kit.

As far as the tran recall goes, I believe the dealer was to put a punch mark over one of the vin numbers or somewhere on the vin plate (can't remember right now, too many christmas parties this weekend). So I would look there, as well as checking the dealer.

·
Registered
166 Posts
congrats on you bike. Take your time deciding what to do. There are plenty of different directions you can go with the mods.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts