RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I picked up my new ride Wednesday.I bought this cause it just looks sick & my other rocket cramps my hip joints @ 52 yrs of age.What I like most is the look of the gas tank but the whole left side of this bike is artwork.The only things I don't like are the lack of a handrail on the seat to grab onto & the furnace ductwork on the right side.The engineer most have had a Mr. Natural flashback the day he designed that!The certificate of orgin was dated 9-29-04 so I got a good price I couldn't pass up.

My congrats to the site designer here, they did a great job as everything is easy to find & tons of info here.

My only mods planned are Warlord Street Sweepers & a PCIII USB.Exhaust Pipe City is the cheapest I could find @ $352/$290 using the price search engines.I might also get the AIS block since it backfired once when I was reving it.I assume that's causing that.I need to get rid of that furnace bracket too!

Regards everyone,
The 186mph zone

·
Registered
10,143 Posts
Welcome aboard, BusMan. Good to see another early riser on the board. Enjoy the bike and ride safe.

·
Registered
7,695 Posts
Hello Busaman and welcome from accross the pond. If the bike has only backfired once on you so far then I wouldn't put it down to just the AIS, I've had mine blocked off for the last 2 years and the bike still regularly backfires. The PCIII and a good map will help against backfiring.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Welcome to the 4M brother....There's nothing you can really do about the backfiring. It's a Warrior, just part of it's charm. [8D]

·
Registered
51 Posts
Warriors are a totally different bike in their own category. I moved from a Shadow Ace Deluxe Custom 750 to the Warrior and I look at it this way, no one else but Warrior riders know what it is supposed to sound like and most want to figure out how to make it sounds like that, so next time it happens, just Smile and on the inside think, "you think I did that on purpose!"[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
quote:Originally posted by HB_Hemi

Welcome. Now for the big question, how would you describe the Warrior compared to the Busa?

The Warrior vibrates more but looks a lot cooler & feels much more confortable to ride.The Busa is ...well... the only way I can describe it in words is "what a rush"!Full throttle in 1st gear you have to hug the tank with your legs or you will slide backwards in the seat from the G-force.When you dump the clutch going to 2nd you feel the front end rise slightly & when you shift to 3rd the speed is 125mph.The sound of the Yoshimura RS-3's & the Denso digital FI is music to your ears.I have to say I have the perfect pair & love them both.Did I forget to mention you can never have enough hp?

http://media.putfile.com/500HP-Hayabusa

·
Registered
263 Posts
Glad to have you aboard. I still love roasting the tire, even when I am not trying to. Be sure to scare some of the kids on the crotch rockets, we may not be as fast as they are in the hard turns, but I garuntee they will look twice when they see how close you are. I still get kids on them that freak out on how far I can corner with them.

·
Registered
91 Posts
welcome to the group Busa. Like you said there is alot of good info here, enjoy. Let me know if you want that AIS kit. I have a brand new one from Barons that Ill give ya. Just PM me your addy and Ill send it off to ya.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts