RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just purchased a new red '06 warrior,stock, with a speedstar megacone exhaust, included/installed.

First I want to say thank you all....I have spent lots of time researching the warrior and the greatest wealth of information on the warrior is right here!
this is my first yamaha I am quite impressed so far. the power and growl of the engine is indescribeable.
my previous bike was suzuki m50....yes I looked at the m109r...but thanks to you all I was able to make an informed decision.

my question is...the bike is new with an afrermarket exhaust and it pops and backfires on decelleration cold and warm...is this to be expected and caused by the AIS pollution control system....if not thoughts?

·
Registered
456 Posts
Welcome!! And yes, the AIS causes a lot of the poping. You will never really be able to get totally rid of it though. At least I haven't.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Welcome! I didn't like the poping either. When I changed my pipes I also bought a Big Air kit, PowerCommanderIII. Finding the right map will help alot. I'm using Ampros map and it rules But it still popped when cold or heavy deceleration. I removed the AIS made new fittings from stainless steal flat bar and made a copper gasket to fit Now it hardly ever pops when motor is still cold.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Congrats on the new bike and welcome aboard.

I did the AIS blockoff and did not find that it increased the popping all the much....perhaps you just need to adjust the ECU a bit to eliminate a slight lean condition?

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Congratulations on the purchase! Funny thing about popping, some guys hate it, I love it.

Have a blast on your new bike and welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Welcome! I have an 06 stock except for the Speed* pipe. That pipe will backfire some on the decel. I'm told that's normal....and quite desired!

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
SouthPark fan??

Ditch the AIS, and push up yer ECU 4 or 5 clicks. Will get rid of 90% of the pipe PoPs, and it's almost free.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
A PC111, a decent map, and an AIS block off kit will eliminate most of the popping on decel. What is left, on mine at least, is not bad, I actually like it.

Congrats on the new bike, you're gonna love it.

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Congrats on the new bike! I have a 06 red one too! When you get a moment, post some pixs of your bike in your gallery.

Insert Image:

55.21KB

·
Registered
719 Posts
Don't worry about the popping...My dads Royal star pops. My vmax pops. My 1100 maxim pops... And now my Warrior pops. Remember the candy that popped in your mouth...LIfe was good....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
quote:Originally posted by Bladerunr

SouthPark fan??

Ditch the AIS, and push up yer ECU 4 or 5 clicks. Will get rid of 90% of the pipe PoPs, and it's almost free.

south park...yup lol....
I plan to remove the AIS
Can I adjust the ECU with out an aftermarket module?

Thanks you all for your help

1 - 20 of 29 Posts