RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Ladies and Gentlemen,

Last year I went into the Dealer with my eyes set on an 06 Warrior after finishing the class and getting my Licence. The dealer said I may not be ready for the warrior and I ended up walking out with a 650 custom. In reflection, I appreciated his honest striaght forward assistance.

I expereinced my first heart attack when I got rear-ended one night, but got over the fear and got back on the road after a month or more of regret for evening buying a bike. I went in this year to get an oil change and walked out with a 2007 Warrior. FREAKING AWESOME!!! I enjoy riding this bike more than I ever thought I would. And there is a huge difference from the 650 to the 1700 lol. (I guess I like to skip steps)

Well, 1K miles later, I am really considering some new pipes. I have been doing my homework and it seems that most Warrior prefer the Vance and HInes Big Shots. I really like the bike with those pipes on it and went get some prices. The dealer told me that they will "Blue" on me soon and that really turned me off. I like the length and the stagger look.

Can anyone out there reply with any expereince? I would appreciate what you think about the color changing. Also, If that is something that happens, I would consider the Hard Krome Vortazz Duals. The look similar to the V&H but a bit longer as the reach the full length of the bike.
http://www.roadburner.com/exhaust.asp?ProductID=4298

I do not know anyone that has either pipes to get some better pictures and advice.

Anything would be appreciated.
Sincerly
A new Brother
DonWarrior

·
Registered
4,338 Posts
Welcome and congrats on the Warrior.The V&H bigshots will NOT blue, ever, its because of the heat shields from front to end.The shields cover the entire pipe.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Congrats on the bike, as I stated in the reply to your email and others have already said....the big shots should NEVER blue because of the heat shield and they sound great...nice low growl and not too loud, but not too quiet either.

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Welcome to the forum, I have the BigShots and agree with what has been said "Pipes will not blue", your dealer must want to sell you a different exhaust, because any motorcycle dealer will know the truth.

·
Registered
7,695 Posts
Hello there Don Warrior, welcome to the family Bro. sorry to hear about your troubles last year, takes alot of guts to get back on after that. Congrats on the Warrior.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
DonWarrior,

Welcome to the forums and congrats on getting your new ride...As for pipes, I say check out Samson pipes! They look good on the Warrior and sound awesome!![^] Plus I hate to see the rear of the bike covered up with pipes.

Anyway best of luck![/emoticons/emotion-1.gif]

MIDNIGHT WARRIORS RULE!!

Mark aka Mad Man

·
Registered
46 Posts
Ok, so if you do a set of V&H, do you have to do anything to the fuel system? I know you get more benifit if you do, but i'm limited to $$$

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
rkbrkr,

You'll get varies opinions on this subject...You really don't have to get a fuel/ignition modular like the Power Commander. You can adjust the stock ECU, but it'll take time and patience till you get the right settings. I would recommend getting a Power Commander to make things easier...But it's up to you...Money can sometimes make the difference between necessity and actual need.

Mark aka Mad Man

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Your dealer is an a$$ like the rest of ours. The best for power is the V&H pro pipe. If you like a 2-1 system, that's the best choice. Or you can go with big shots that are 2-2 looking with a crossover. No blueing my friend. The heat shield takes care of that. You will need to adjust your ECU or install a power commander. Or if you want nasty bad a$$ sound, choose Samsons, Rineharts, or Muzzy's.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Where do these dealers hire their sales guys, used car lots? Good thing you asked your question here, rather than listen to some dipS$%^. Glad you got back on the horse, and are able to after getting hit. I jumped from the vstar to the warrior too. Vstar was like a nice buzz where the warrior appears to be more like a crack addiction or something. Didn't ride at all yesterday, and I swear I went into withdrawal. Couple hours today fed the monkey nicely.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
I have 3500 miles on my Bigshots and they look like day one. They will not blue! I have the Cobra fi200 fuel processor. It works fine, less adjustments than a PCIII but around $100 less to buy. If pipes and air is all you are going to do than either or none will work.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Man I don't know your size or style but I feel your dealer was a little off about getting that warrior. perhaps you could have asked for a test drive and as far as those pipes I've had hard krome for 2 yrs now and no blueing-is that spelled with and e or without?[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

1 - 18 of 18 Posts