RS Warrior Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
2008 Midnight Warrior
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody, I've been lurking around the forum for years, outside looking in, I even joined once a few years back (and couldn't get back to my original membership)...anyways, the information available here has been a boon for me and finally, years and years later, I'm getting into the performance part of customization (air in and out, electronics, blah blah) and it is good to be amongst like minded individuals...
My wife bought me this midnight warrior new as a way to save money while commuting across the county as a wildland firefighter, as opposed to my 74 4x4 Econoline. I've kept my '08 ride stock for many moons, aside from K&N filters and Amsoil at changes, and it has done me just fine for my needs, now my 'wants' have asked for representation... since my wife has told me she will no longer be a passenger (she does her own) I started last year with cosmetics, fender removal, bar replacement, ...trivial stuff, and now I have the time and time is money to dive in and start doing the tricks I've been thinking of while there are still some available haha...

·
Premium Member
'05 Midnight
2,549 Posts
1. Welcome back!
2. Where are you hailing from?
3. Post some pics!
4. If you can at least remember your handle on here, then an admin can assist with getting you back to your old account. I had to do this after taking a 10+ year hiatus. It's easier than you'd think and it's nice to keep continuity from over the years.

Welcome from SoCal!

·
Premium Member
'05 Midnight
2,549 Posts
Absolutely beautiful country up there! If I can't find a job there sooner, it's definitely where the wife and I will be retiring. She's an avid skier so being closer to some slopes is a huge plus. I'm all about the forest and we're both about the ocean (and the coast is just phenomenal)... maybe I'll start looking for a job again. ;)

·
Premium Member
2008 Midnight Warrior
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No doubt...and the roads in our neck of the woods are definately warrior worthy, you can pretty much get anywhere from here that is worth getting to...
Tire Wheel Plant Automotive tire Vehicle

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I'm don't think I've ever seen a Warrior look like that. Very unique

·
[Retired Admin-SuperMod]
30,986 Posts
I cut teeth on the Applegate. Hunted white tail and arrowheads. Leaned into 4wd corners and dirt corners and single lane model t corners. The Warrior is absolutely the Beast for the territory. It's why I still have mine. At my age I don't get to cut loose as much but if you can ride that bad boy it will be a pleasure to chug-chug behind you just get out of my way when I'm on your six lol. Looking forward to fun. Maybe ride out and bend over thru redwoods no rush eventually to crescent city, then over the cut back to maybe grants pass and a couple brews. Then back to start. I could hang a couple days. Then I would nap at Lake of the Woods a couple days. Then central coast with family. Then south to Ashland for two days. Then home maybe.

·
Premium Member
2008 Midnight Warrior
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The back ways are the way to go around here for sure...even though the 5 is still pretty nice until further north, I did most of my miles in Jackson county, there's just over 35,000 miles we've done together since she came out of the box!
Thanks everyone for the welcome, I don't think I ever posted before, I was too busy just reading everyone else's troubleshooting and gearheadings haha, I started out riding out in Utah on a '79 xs750 triple, most people considered them to be a good for an anchor, but I liked it and transformed it with hardware store an junkyard parts into my version of the battle bike look when streetfighters were just happening, ...after being hit by cars a couple times the riding position forward is more comfortable on my back and a little more nimble for the curves...I blew that bike up (literally) working on it in a storage unit, whoops, ugh...another story...anyways, I transferred the knowledge learned from those years of tinkering to this baby...most of which is: oil changes with amsoil, clean gas, keep the shiny side up (don't let the horses use it for an itching post)... and it's now a work in progress is all I can say, and if you like it thank you, awesome ...and if not, hey, it works for me!
It takes a while to reply sometimes, I'm not tied to my phone anymore
Plant Wheel Tire Automotive tire Vehicle

Attachments

·
Registered
2004 warrior
11 Posts
Hey everybody, I've been lurking around the forum for years, outside looking in, I even joined once a few years back (and couldn't get back to my original membership)...anyways, the information available here has been a boon for me and finally, years and years later, I'm getting into the performance part of customization (air in and out, electronics, blah blah) and it is good to be amongst like minded individuals...
My wife bought me this midnight warrior new as a way to save money while commuting across the county as a wildland firefighter, as opposed to my 74 4x4 Econoline. I've kept my '08 ride stock for many moons, aside from K&N filters and Amsoil at changes, and it has done me just fine for my needs, now my 'wants' have asked for representation... since my wife has told me she will no longer be a passenger (she does her own) I started last year with cosmetics, fender removal, bar replacement, ...trivial stuff, and now I have the time and time is money to dive in and start doing the tricks I've been thinking of while there are still some available haha...
Congrats!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts