RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys and girls anyone know were the best prices on a new battery for the warrior is in the UK, as my local STEALERSHIP wants £120

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
If ya doing the SVR14 upgrade...hot work to box etc make sure ..147 high x 84wide x 149long will fit [actually it's only the width that is a concern here - without the bump in the box you should have that 84mm just may be tightish at the base so leave a strap on - [the sewn section would be best on top]

Tanya are selling the SVR14 [14AH 200CCA] for £72.49 inc vat + delivery £7.98 inc vat [seem like a good company here in uk]

the oem batteries [YT14B - 4is mine] appear to be about 146mm high x 68mm wide x 149mm long so the bump has def. got to go in my '03!

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers for the quick replies guys i have rung round a couple of dealerships and the prices are as follows

Wylie and holland (Telford)= CT14B4 BATTERY £120

Cheltenham yam =CT14BBS BATTERY £75 Varta

Cheltenham yam =CT14B4 £72 ROB Hunter

ebay trader 1 YT14B-BS =£65 + Postage

ebay trader 2 YT14B4 GEL =£54.50+ Postage

Whats the differance ? and will they fit?

·
Registered
492 Posts
get the svr14, for faster starts. it has more cca. and regarding the bump... i just put a ruler together with the battery to help it slide in place.... no biggie.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cheers for all your input guys have now got a varta ct14b4 from dudley motorbike center for £70 the same battery that whylie and holland telford wanted £120 for so am a happy teddy again, or will be when i pick it up from britwarriors house thursday
as he was good enought to pick it up for me.

Thanks again Brit

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sorry Adam just read your post and its friday morning but will go next week if you want to meet up?

·
Administrator
30,392 Posts
Say hello to Andy - he's been absent from this site for awhile.

The batteries you considered are all the same type battery and all the same weight (~10#) and size, as supported by the common 'root part number' as follows: ?T14B-4are all 135CCA battries.?T14B-BS are nearly all 135CCA but there is a 200CCA in the mix (it weighs~15# is the only way to tell the difference). Those starting with "Y" are made in a Yuasa factory someplace. Those starting with other letters are made in some other battery factory (that is most oftenowned by Yuasa or GS Yuasa or under contract to them to build their batteries). These batteries are allmanufactured to the same Japanese 'international battery' specification.

They should all fit the oem battery box.

You got a good price, plus you get a ride out of the deal. Very nice!

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I will say hi to andy for you AW and thanks for the info.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hi Ken good to hear from you mate, i am easy on what time you boys want to get there as i am only 8 minutes from the stormy,we can meet up at my place if you like and we can all ride in together?

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Attila said:
Hi Ken good to hear from you mate, i am easy on what time you boys want to get there as i am only 8 minutes from the stormy,we can meet up at my place if you like and we can all ride in together?

Hi Mark,where's your place?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts