RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever since the accident (starting 15 minutes after the carnage) my wife has been talking about her next bike. Everyday has been a dizzying array of different bikes on her wish list from old nortons and triumphs to a 2008 HD with 900 miles on it. It is quite amazing considering I do not think I would be so anxious to get back on a bike after the spill she took (http://rswarrior.com/forums/p/121163/972100.aspx#972100). Anyhow she wanted to go see a BMW R1100R she saw on Craigslist eventhough she still can't completely bend her leg - Doctor said she should wait to ride again until she has better mobility and stregnth. She took one look at it and was not at all thrilled with it - dodn't like the look, color, and truefully it was too tall for her (I had to help her on and off - the guy thought she (and/or me) was nuts).

I figured since we drove an hour to see it I would atleast test drive it. Well when I got back I was thrilled and took the wife aside to tell her I wanted to buy the BMW. Well you would have thought that I told her that we needed another woman around the house to help out with "the chores". She was pi$$ed! She said I already had two bikes and I was not getting a third, especially since WE were looking for her and not me. Unthinking I said I would sellone of the two bikes to buy this one - NO, not the Warrior (the wife goes before the Warrior would, or atleast I'd have to think about it). Long story short I made a deal with the guy and bought his bike, the wife is still irratated although I made good on my promise and sold my old Yamaha toa local bike shop, and she is still looking.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ruckus said:
That this is as ugly as a mud fence!

Yep! It's not going to win any beauty contests but I've got two 1000+ mile trips planned for next year and I am looking for comfort. I did 400+ miles in a one day trip last year on the Warrior and I hurt in way to many places to do that again. Plus the price was right.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts