RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I have been visiting the forum for sometime hoping to get a warrior, and unknown to me my wife saved up some money and gave it to me about two weeks ago and I found my 2002 Warrior with 8,000 miles, not to bad. I am a big boy and was floored at the power this bike has. Now, on to the good stuff from all of yall, where and what modifications should I start with?

·
Registered
598 Posts
Wow... we're going to have to rename Texas "The Warrior State". [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]
Congrats on the new scoot. 8k is really low miles for an '02.
I can't help much with mods, I'm just learning as well... but there are plenty of people here with lots of ideas for how to spend your money.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Congrats on the new bike!!

As far as mods go, I would recommend riding the bike as is for awhile and determine what's important to you and what you would like to change about the bike. When you finally determine what you want to do, you can do a search and pull up all kinds of information concerning about any mod you can think of.

I'm saving up for my next big mod because it involves some high dollar items. I will be getting the Yamaha 2-1-2 pipe, Churchkey's VBAK, and a PCIII usb and installing them all at once. Then I'll have to get a custom dyno./emoticons/emotion-4.gif I'll just stretch out the buying over a year's time. lol

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Sounds like Heath3n is headed in a good direction. You say you bought a used Warrior. So my question is, what mods are already installed? As you've probably noticed the mod is usually replacing the stock exhaust can. After that it's your choice of performance mods such as VBAK, Power Commander III, AIS removal or things such as handle bars, windshield or chrome. I'm sure you will get other suggestions there are so many directions to go. Have fun, I am.[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

·
Registered
3,050 Posts
I saw your Gallery.and I have to tell you .You need to Kiss your wife alot.she did a good job .he he I own a 02 and it has around 12k and i`m very happy, I`m a chrome nut. but im sure you`ll have a good time doing what mods you like. Ride safe and welcome.

·
Registered
6,075 Posts
Congrats on your bike. I think the best first mod would be a quality BAK, from either Patrick Racking, or Churchkey's.

Good luck, and keep us posted.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Welcome and congrats on the new ride...As of the mod,s start riding it first then take your time
and select your mod's and do it right the first time other ways it get's expensive...By the way nice to see another rider close to Houston...

·
Registered
4,938 Posts
Wow nice ride buddy!. Welcome and have a great safe time.

Looks like some nice mods there already. Did you look under the seat to see if you have the power commander installed? Cause in order to fine tune your bike to your mods the PC3 would be a NEEDED place to start. Reason being is certain mods (not all but most power mods) require some remapping or fine tuning. The Power Commander 3 is THE way to tweek you bike to its peak performance for the installed mods.

I personaly would start with removing that fender mud flappy thingy. Can you post a picture in your gallery from the rear of your bike for us? Also the left side of the bike so we can see whats shakin over there.

What size rear tire you running? That is always a great mod. Depending on what you like for a look. Fat? stock? Some of us are going with the bigger fat kits like 240 or 260 and up. Others like running stock like 200 max.

Its crazy man!...the mods seem endless. But its all a personal thing.

This is a great place to get info and remember to go to the gallery and read up on others bikes. You'll see all the mods listed and pictured in some cases. Good luck and have a blast.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts