RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All!!!

My name is Alec. I just picked up (5 days ago) a 2008 warrior midnight. So far I have put about 250 miles on the beast. Waiting to break it in and mod the **** out of it. I also ride a 2008 R6 Raven. I have been reading this forum for a bit now... even before I bought the bike. My plans are AIS removal, Jardine 2-2 staggered drag pipes, PCIII, and eventually Churchkey V-BAK. Not really into cosmetics with the bike as I think it looks **** fine now. I just need to do something with rear end. On my R6, I embedded 6 LED's in each rear peg and made them into the turn signals. Not sure if I want to do something that crazy, but if definitely needs to be cleaned up. I am thinking about doing a side mount plate with LED's around the plate bracket and dremeling off the portion that holds the plate.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I never really saw myself getting a cruiser either... until one day I rode my buddies bike. He has a 2006 vulcan 1600 mean streak with V&H bigshots, PCIII, and hypercharger. After that, I was sold. Plus my girl is a bit more comfy on this compared to the R6.

·
Registered
29 Posts
welcome to the forums. i have an 05' midnight.have to say best bike i have owned. lots of great people here. have fun.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hey welcome to the forum. I have an 09 midnight. I have always loved th R6's and dreamed of owning one until I came across the Warrior. Amazing bike, I love it. I have about 250 mi also and already have exhaust in route. Can't wait to get it broke it. Have fun.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
yokillr said:
Plus my girl is a bit more comfy on this compared to the R6.

I can imagine. That makes a nice pair in the stable though for sure. Glad you could join us, welcome to the forum and may you have many fun-filledand safe miles on her. The Warrior that is, not your girl...

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
yokillr said:
So far I have put about 250 miles on the beast. Waiting to break it in

hi Alec - welcome - not owned new warrior yet must be a real 'lets park her in the living room' feeling - just a thought [per your post above] some of the guys have posted info on breaking the warrior in, and it's about doing it 'hard and fast' apparently - hope the mentors will chime in if you need to know more about that- stay well and enjoy - just got to love this place

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I've heard things about harsh break in's... I'm sort of in the middle. I baby her and beat on her. My bike that is...

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
You might want to read up on the different viewpoints people have and their findings because a lot of times people have found that if you go the hard and fast route she'll really appreciate it and perform better for you and be around for a longer time. Keeping her properly lubed of course will help a lot with that as well obviously. As far as the Warrior goes I don't really have any advice there....

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
Hey you made it! Now you can do your own pipe video. Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
I give it about 2 months, than it will be,

"Hi, My Name is Alex and I have an addiction. I started putting money into modifications for my Warrior and now I cant stop."

Welcome to the best addiction of your life!

btw...

MIDNIGHT ARE BY FAR THE FASTEST!

07midnight in my garage.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts