RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
29,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its harder to get to the Warrior stuff now: http://www.kuryakyn.com/ what's up with that?

ADDED 10-28-2008:

I got this email back from Kury when I emailed that they are ignoring the Warrior more and more:
"Thank you for your input on the website. I hear you on the Warrior (sweet bike). For the Warrior we will always have a multitude of grip and peg options. Our new catalog comes out in late February and you never know what will show up in there.

Thank you!!!

Mike Jury
Kuryakyn Customer Care
454 County Road VV
Somerset, WI 54025-9031 USA
866-277-9598, Extension #103
Fax: 715-247-5007
[url]www.kuryakyn.com[/url]

·
Registered
727 Posts
Arizona Warrior said:
Its harder to get to the Warrior stuff now: http://www.kuryakyn.com/ what's up with that?

ADDED 10-28-2008:

I got this email back from Kury when I emailed that they are ignoring the Warrior more and more:
"Thank you for your input on the website. I hear you on the Warrior (sweet bike). For the Warrior we will always have a multitude of grip and peg options. Our new catalog comes out in late February and you never know what will show up in there.

Thank you!!!

Mike Jury
Kuryakyn Customer Care
454 County Road VV
Somerset, WI 54025-9031 USA
866-277-9598, Extension #103
Fax: 715-247-5007
[url]www.kuryakyn.com[/url]

I am privy to some inside information with Kuryakyn and because HD keeps changing their bikes every year it is really stressing their R&D department. My bike sat up there for a couple of weeks - but they were just too busy...

You also have to keep in mind that Kuryakyn is a pretty small company so they chase the strong sellers - the Warrior is not the strongest seller.

·
Administrator
29,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There were over 20,000 Warriors in the USA based on the last recall VIN list. Kury hasn't marketed itemsfor the Warrior from the beginning, and like a lot of guys I've prodded them when the opportunity arises. In 2004 they said they were upset the Warrior had two changes in the first three model years, butthe factonly one change affected them didn't matter. Was it '05 or '06 they finally marketed ISO grips with the throttle cable attachments already installed, so we didn't have to cut them off the stock grip and glue them into the ISO grip.

Warrior owners are among the MOST likely to modify and add chrome (or midnight it) then change it, then change it again. Forgive me, Kurymakes somegreat products but they are dumb as a brick IMO. The silver lining is our members are not bricks, we have guys making some very well designed equipment and chrome. Even before Hunter1630 started turning billet in his basement on his own machine (how cool is that) the gods of Warriordom were busy stuffing both Hot and Cool ideas into the heads of members here. That trend has trickled off but there are still a handful of mod-masters hanging in here for us. They won't always be there making things likeVBAK and Coil Plates andside covers(which is why I'm busy saving$ and buying all the neat stuff I want from our members while they still make it).

·
Registered
727 Posts
Arizona Warrior said:
There were over 20,000 Warriors in the USA based on the last recall VIN list. Kury hasn't marketed itemsfor the Warrior from the beginning, and like a lot of guys I've prodded them when the opportunity arises. In 2004 they said they were upset the Warrior had two changes in the first three model years, butthe factonly one change affected them didn't matter. Was it '05 or '06 they finally marketed ISO grips with the throttle cable attachments already installed, so we didn't have to cut them off the stock grip and glue them into the ISO grip.

Warrior owners are among the MOST likely to modify and add chrome (or midnight it) then change it, then change it again. Forgive me, Kurymakes somegreat products but they are dumb as a brick IMO. The silver lining is our members are not bricks, we have guys making some very well designed equipment and chrome. Even before Hunter1630 started turning billet in his basement on his own machine (how cool is that) the gods of Warriordom were busy stuffing both Hot and Cool ideas into the heads of members here. That trend has trickled off but there are still a handful of mod-masters hanging in here for us. They won't always be there making things likeVBAK and Coil Plates andside covers(which is why I'm busy saving$ and buying all the neat stuff I want from our members while they still make it).
20,000 Warriors - have you seen Harley's sales? 2006 saw 350,000 units roll out of Milwaukee. No they are not dumb as a brick. Someone who thinks they are going to put a handful of potential customers infront of those mighty HD numbers is. Kuryakyn sees double digit sales growth annually and unfortunately they cannot please everyone, not even their own employees. The Warrior is on their list, but it gets bumped when HD makes updates that affect their strong selling products. For example, when HD rolled out their throttle by wire system - everything stopped to make sure ISO grips were available ASAP.

I too have seen the members making their products - but I have not seen grand success since whether you want to believe it Warriors are a very small segment of the motorcycle market - a reason I bought mine. To be successfull in business the very FIRST thing you must have is customers. Kuryakyn chases the customers and tries to respond when the customer chases them.

That being said, you can bet when I go on another ride with the Kuryakyn Krew they will hear about the lack of product for the Warrior.

Instead of sending an email, tell Kuryakyn what you would like to see on the Warrior and why. Can we throw up a survey of 4 or 5 items and see what the community supports? This is how you get their attention. If you have an existing product - they do buy designs from people as well. Remeber that they will have to compete with Star Motorcycles catalog as well... I look through their catalog and besides an air intake (non-functional) I cannot think of anything I would want to put on my bike - but then again I have taste and many Kuryakyn customers don't - hence their large HD base

1 - 5 of 5 Posts