RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's time for a new front tire. The original Battlax still has plenty of tread but it is not wearing evenly, waffle effect.
I want to replace it with a Metz 120/70ZR18M. Who currently has the best price for this, in stock?

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mike, I checked Phats on line and they don't show this size. I called and they told me it's a new tire and won't be available until April 14

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
I have this one and it's a good tire:

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/item.aspx?style=10928&department=647&division=6

·
Registered
11,588 Posts
I noticed you were going to go 260 soon have you thought about the 130 front?

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
I don't think Metz makes a 880 in 120/70-18.

z6 is a better tire in any case.

If you MUST have a 880... the 130/70-R18 fits, but it's close.
130/60-R18 fits better, lot of guys like this one. Be sure they don't sell you
a BIAS ply tire!!!! I've seen quite a few Warriors fitted with bias tires in front! NOT good.

I still say the Z6 is a better tire, handles better. Avon's Venom R is better still.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
quote:Originally posted by ohiomike

"Soon" is a relative term. I wouldn't have my Warrior down for 4 weeks until winter. By that time I'm hoping to have the money to do it.[8D] Good idea on going to a 130. My tire guy said a 130 would not work on the stock rim but maybe I need a new tire guy![:0]

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
quote:Originally posted by spectorbassguy

quote:Originally posted by ohiomike

"Soon" is a relative term. I wouldn't have my Warrior down for 4 weeks until winter. By that time I'm hoping to have the money to do it.[8D] Good idea on going to a 130. My tire guy said a 130 would not work on the stock rim but maybe I need a new tire guy![:0]

Talk about getting confused...This was a link in a post I just made and I replied like I thought your comment was about a 260 on my wish list. I'm going to stop talking now because I'm probably making this even more confusing!!![/emoticons/emotion-3.gif)]

·
Registered
157 Posts
Great tires, great prices! Avon has tremendous grip and better than average wear.
http://www.motoxoutlet.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=605

1 - 13 of 13 Posts