RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
couldn't wait till it's done to post this. The metal fab is about 75% complete. I think it goes with the sissy bar well. Gonna make another seat to go around the point at the end of the tank.

Insert Image:

83.48KB

Insert Image:

92.8KB

Insert Image:

57.67KB

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
bravo..... thats one hot tank. Have you tested its capacity yet? Any estimates..I have been toying with the idea of a completely custom tank but just haven't bit yet. I deffinitely want more fuel than the little 2.7 mine holds since my accident.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think it will hole somewhere between 2.5-3. we'll see when its done. It'll definately hold more than the tank I am using now

quote:Originally posted by bill58d

Nice work. Do you have a custom seat to go with it?

I have the seat I made for the last tank/fender. I'm going to cut the fiberglass pan to fit real tight around the point

·
Registered
5,457 Posts
Awesome work...I see why the patio stone concrete form is still in the box. Your too busy making a KICK A** bike.

I'm with DRB...Those pipes are awesome in a bloody eardrum kinda way!

Rock on!

P.S....Wish I had welders, torches and bottles of NOS just sitting around.....Can I come over and play?

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
3 Gallons aint bad. Thats about what stock was. Whats your ideas on paint. Bling Bling... or Dark and Bloody?...(ear). I mean since your making a custom one Might as Well get a custom job on it. Honestly check out www.alsacorp.com for some paint dude. Some of the paint on there is easy as **** to paint. Follow procedure and your done hombre!!! I can see some pinstriping about to go on that tank too..... Where are the front mounts going to be? DETAILS MAN!!!

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
quote:Originally posted by novice_warrior

3 Gallons aint bad. Thats about what stock was. Whats your ideas on paint. Bling Bling... or Dark and Bloody?...(ear). I mean since your making a custom one Might as Well get a custom job on it. Honestly check out www.alsacorp.com for some paint dude. Some of the paint on there is easy as **** to paint. Follow procedure and your done hombre!!! I can see some pinstriping about to go on that tank too..... Where are the front mounts going to be? DETAILS MAN!!!

It'll be flat black still. I was planning to add pinstripes to it. The rear will mount just like stock. The front is still to be decided

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
quote:Originally posted by warstar

That looks pretty cool. Is that all new...or just add ons to the stock tank?

This is completely from scratch. I got pissed off at the stock tank so I made a new one how it should have been made in the first place...16 gauge. That stock one is so thin. I didn't notice that one of the rubber cup thingies on the front to hold the tank in place came off when putting the tank back on. I rode about thirty miles...rode 15 then noticed the tank was shaking on one side and got off to check it. A fawking zip tie poked through the tank if that tells you how thin the stocker is. It litterally just split the metal about a 1/2" long and 1/16" wide. It was pouring gas.

·
Super Moderator
13,703 Posts
That's pretty wild. A little like TTBone's tank in progress. I wish I could weld.

I was just talking to a friend of mine about fender and tank work ( Not now though, it's time to ride. I'll have to wait till the snow flies again.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
quote:Originally posted by sangathor

That's pretty wild. A little like TTBone's tank in progress. I wish I could weld.

I was just talking to a friend of mine about fender and tank work ( Not now though, it's time to ride. I'll have to wait till the snow flies again.

Similar design. It looks like he using the stock tank with add-ons on the side. Looks pretty good though.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts