RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Came across the site while browsing for a used warrior. I used to ride a bit but just got back into it. Currently ride a honda vlx that is too small for me so I am looking for something bigger. I really like the way the warrior looks so am considering purchasing one. there are some nice rides in the classified section. Oh yeah im 37 and am a plant operator, married with multiple kids etc. etc. Look forward to learning about the warrior! Peace

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Welcome Bro! You may want to spend a little extra $$$ for one that has already been modded. (PCIII, Exhaust, AIS removed, wide tire kit, etc......). Happy hunting!

·
Premium Member
2,916 Posts
You couldn't pick a better bike . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . or a better website. Lots of help here from a great bunch of guys. WELCOME!

·
Registered
213 Posts
You'll love the Warrior. So much power. Very comfortable. One reason I selected the Warrior was its ability to accelerate out of the way of sleeping cagers! This is coming from a guy who is married and has 2 kids.

·
Premium Member
1,214 Posts
hey shadow,

When i was in the market for a bike to replace my tired max - I was going to buy the 1800 VTX. I started my quest to find the ONE. I stopped in the local shop walked in expecting to see the Honda and as I entered - I saw an 03 warrior in the center of the show room. Needless to say, I did not buy the Honda or the Yamaha. It wasnt the right one for me - 4 weeks later I found my scooter at the shop in Searcy AR. Went down there and bought it and havent look back. To this day it brings a smile to my face (and i dont even have to be riding).

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
The Warrior is really a terrific machine. It balances performance, handling and great looks all in a single package, very nicely. It has terrific power in its stock condition, but also has a LOT of room to tune it for amazing power in the end. It's the perfect cross between "sport" and "cruiser". Going custom would be the only way to beat it, in my opinion. And even then, I'd probably start with a Warrior motor/transmission/frame and build my custom bike from there.

You will likely be very satisfied if you decide to go with the Warrior.

·
Registered
305 Posts
My first bike was also a Shadow VLX...fun and light, but seriously lacking in power (and a fifth gear). I sold it after a year of marriage to pay bills, and went without a bike for almost a decade. Finally had the money to buy one (and stopped asking my wife for permission) and started looking around. Looked at Mean Streaks and VTX's but came across this site and fell in love with the Warrior. I paid for it before I had even rode one, in fact I bought a whole bunch of pieces to start modding it before I even paid for the bike!! Best thing I've ever spent money on, and still spending...chrome wheels arriving tomorrow.

Buy one, I promise you'll never regret it. My kids love riding with me, yours will too.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Like the other guys said the Warrior is a stellar machine with styling that rivals a custom fabricated bike and torque and horsepower that really can take the breath right out of you. I just bought my first Warrior in January of this year and I absolutely love it. I'm not real good with a wrench but with all the help and tips you can get here on the site, I was able to install a Big Air Kit, AIS removal, DG Hard Krome pipes, a power commander, and a coil relocation plate.

I really don't think you'll be disappointed with the Warrior. Let us know and post pics! (which I know I still need to do

·
Registered
325 Posts
I had been wanting a bike foryears, buthadn'tridden one in a long time. I sawa Warriorin a Cabella's parking lot in 2003... LOVED IT. Drove from the the TCities toAmes, IA with a trailer on December 15, 2005 in the middle of a blizzard to look at one. It was in this guy's dining room, next toa chair, bucket of cleaning supplies, and acouple empty beer cans. A 2002 with 600 miles,S*, and PCIII. I handed him a check,signed a purchase agreement, and rolled it out through 6 inches of snow to the trailer. He was shocked, kept telling me "I can't believe you are taking it, I didn't think it would sell so fast". I thought he might cry. It sat in a cold garage until my birthday on April 1, 2006. Since thenI have beenVERY happy, many fun Mods and many fun miles.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Great bike. Its kinda funny, i am the type of guy who is never satisfied with what I have. I usually buy and sell things within a year. I have had my warrior for 4 years now and have no plans of replacing it at this point. Last week I drove a couple of hours to a new big dealership that sells everything from BMW, Aprillia, Honda, Yamaha, Victory, and some customs and while there the bike that caught my eye the most was the new Warrior. I am truely happy with my purchase and would consider adding to the stable, but not replacing the warrior!!

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
If you could give some idea of your size, !'m sure that a lot of members can tell you how you would fit. Changing the pegs (extentions), bars, and seat will make a lot of difference in how the bike will fit you. Another thing to look at is whether you want belt (warrior), or shaft (VTX,M109). Good luck and if you decide on a warrior, you will find a great bunch of guys here with a lot of helpful information just for the asking.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Yamatized said:
We all know it is a better machine but he is looking for bigger in size. I think the warrior is overall smaller than the VTX.

I don't believe he's on a VTX though, he's on a Shadow VLX which is a pretty diminutive little bike comparitively speaking.

To the original poster... Go get yourself a Warrior. You couldn't possibly regret it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yep I have a 2001 vlx 600 shadow.

I'm 6 ft 1" about 205 lbs and the shadow is a bit small for me. I came across a 2006 red warrior with the stripes with 2700 miles on it in mint condition with aftter market pipes cobra3000 and tons of chrome with custom seat for asking price of 7500.00. I think I can get it cheaper though possible around 6500-6800. Does that sound like a good price?

·
Registered
510 Posts
I want to be buried with my warrior. When im at home, i go into the garage every hour or so just to look at it and i feel like a kid who just discovered his wang everytime.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
shadow2001 said:
yep I have a 2001 vlx 600 shadow.

I'm 6 ft 1" about 205 lbs and the shadow is a bit small for me. I came across a 2006 red warrior with the stripes with 2700 miles on it in mint condition with aftter market pipes cobra3000 and tons of chrome with custom seat for asking price of 7500.00. I think I can get it cheaper though possible around 6500-6800. Does that sound like a good price?

You may be able to get it cheaper (I'd shoot for 7K) but even at $7,500 you're getting a great bike at a great price. I sold my '05 with twice that many miles (plus several mods) for $8,600. I've seen Warriors priced from $5,400 to $43,699 depending on customization done and condition but the bottom line is, it's worth what you're willing to pay for it and as you can see from the replies you should be willing to pay for the privelage.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts