RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ahhhh, the smell of fresh meat!!!

Just picked up a new 07 Warrior Midnight last Thursday. I've only had it 3 days now and I LOVE it! I've got close to 400 miles on it already.

I've been riding for close to 20 years. Mostly sport bikes standards with some race time in there during my younger years. MAN, it's a wonder why I never got a bike like this sooner!!!

The wife doesn't like it as much though. Says it's an "Old Man's Bike" and that I should stick to sport bikes. But I figure it's time to slow down a bit. Too many broken bones...

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
i am surprised by your wifes comment, this bike is a chick magnet maybe she is jealous?? definitely not an old mans bike however i know some old guys that would look real cool riding one. congrats on your new machine and welcome to the forum

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys!

The wife prefers me to ride sport bikes as she says "The look suits you" She also liked it better when I was racing regularly. I could give half a crap about "The Look" hahaha. Road Racing the Warrior might be interesting though! She handles well enough for it! I tried 'splainin to her that it ISN'T an old mans bike...Power, torque etc. Pretty much a factory drag bike that can carve a corner pretty well. She still doesn't buy it. Oh well, it's ALL MINE then I guess hehehehe

·
Registered
76 Posts
I got my 07 this past Wednesday, so I know exactly how you're feeling right now SDale (although I've only put 120 miles on it so far). /emoticons/emotion-1.gif
As for the 'old man's bike' comment. Say what!? If you bought a big touring bike, she might have a point, but a Warrior is NOT an old man's bike!

·
Registered
225 Posts
Welcome! This bike is a blast, I also come from the sportbike world and needed something for street cruising, catch a lot of old man jokes from people my age (20's) but all of my middle aged employees envy me!!!

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Ask your wife to jump on back for a little ride. Nail the throttle and hit the twisties.....when she's done screaming at you and blood comes back to her white knuckles....ask her if it's an old mans bike![/emoticons/emotion-5.gif]

1 - 18 of 18 Posts