RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings to everyone on the forum. I happened to stumble upon this site while browsing around on the internet and decided to join up after looking through some of the posts. I am sure everyone has their own story about how they came about to be Warrior owners; here's mine.

I used to own a 2004 Yamaha R1; it was a fun bike of course, but not much fun on long rides. Anyway, a bunch of us decided to go out riding one Saturday and we rode pretty much all day from 9am until 6pm...it was the single-most miserable riding experience of my life. Everyone else was riding on Harleys or Goldwings or some sort or cruiser and I was the only one on a crotch rocket. By day's end, my ass and forearms were killing me. That pretty much sunk it - I had to get rid of the R1 if I was ever going to go out on a long ride like that again. Went to the dealer where I had originally bought the R1 and immediately fell in love with the looks and the feel of the Warrior. I traded in the R1 and couldn't be happier.

So far I have gotten rid of the ugly water heater and now have Samson shorty-slashers and a PC III installed. There's lots and lots of other things I would love to do, but for now I am content. I just need to get a rear brake relocator so I can get rid of that bracket. [xx(]

The only thing I can think of that is somewhat annoying with this bike is the random backfiring I get on upshifts; beyond that I love this ride! It's comfortable, it rides smooth, and I can't believe how deep I can lean it in corners; I've already scraped my heels without even thinking about it. Hope to get involved in lots of discussions on this board and maybe learn a few things about this bike.

·
Registered
10,143 Posts
Welcome to the forum. About that rear reservoir bracket, here's something to consider: http://rswarrior.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7208&SearchTerms=diss,reservoir

·
Registered
275 Posts
Hmm I'm not sure I can converse with a Marine person migh violate Army regs. I'm just kidding, welcome aboard. This is the best forum I have ever been apart of.

·
Registered
4,703 Posts
Congrats on finding us and the Warrior. We are a nice amiable group. We even allow well manered Marines to join. [/emoticons/emotion-1.gif]

To cut down on the backfiring an AIS blockoff will help.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Welcome to the 4M brother. Like skeeterwholf said, removing the AIS may help with your backfiring, but not necessarily. It didn't on my bike, but in combination with a good map for your PCIII, that should definitely help.

Under another circumstance I might say your running lean, but since I just went through this it sounds to me like your running a bit rich, check your pipes for excessive black exhaust residue, just run your finger around the inside of the tail pipe. White = lean, black = rich. Then see if you can find a better map, or have a custom map done. Can be a bit pricey though.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
quote:Originally posted by RkyMtnWarrior

check your pipes for excessive black exhaust residue, just run your finger around the inside of the tail pipe. White = lean, black = rich.

Well, I run 100 octane and the residue in the pipes is always white. Whenever I have run 93 octane, the residue gets blacker. I don't know what that means but that's what happens.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
quote:Originally posted by The_Bear

Congrats on finding us and the Warrior. We are a nice amiable group. We even allow well manered Marines to join. [/emoticons/emotion-1.gif]

To cut down on the backfiring an AIS blockoff will help.

Well it's a good thing that I'm a former Marine then and not active anymore otherwise I would be in trouble. [}/emoticons/emotion-1.gif]

Thanks for the idea on the AIS blockoff mod; it's something I will keep in mind.

·
Premium Member
16,372 Posts
Welcome to the Forum.......First advice I would give you is to stop wasting your $$$$ on 100 octane for the Warrior. She does not need it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
quote:Originally posted by DarkStar

Welcome to the Forum.......First advice I would give you is to stop wasting your $$$$ on 100 octane for the Warrior. She does not need it.

Oh I know she doesn't need 100 octane...I just like the smell of it when it runs through her [/emoticons/emotion-1.gif]

Now if its something that's going to eventually damage the bike then of course I will stop. Please let me know if that is the situation.

·
Registered
256 Posts
welcome, I see you totally didn't get rid of your R1, I think the front forks and a few items come off the R1, correct me guys if I'm wrong. I like the the big mirror for a muffler, well maybe for now,

1 - 20 of 33 Posts