RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, i currently have a v-star... and i decided to get a RSW for obvious reasons. you all have them, i don't need to explain it to you.

anyway... i found a used titanium/silver whatever it's called for $7,200. it's an 03 with 1,165 miles on it, always garaged, front and rear, as well as rear drive pulley have been chromed, with other misc. stuff, and risers and drag bars. bike is in flawless condition.

how does this deal rate with the others? is this a fantastical deal? and what problems will i expext within the next few years? anything besides normal maintenance, should i be prepared for anything?

·
Registered
826 Posts
Lars, you'll find better deals, you'll find worse deals. $7.2K for that bike with the low miles and mods you describe is not a bad deal.

Something to find out is if the transmission recall has been done. IMHO, it's a better deal if it hasn't (you can add Hi-comp pistons for only the price of the pistons ~$325).

The only recurring problem I hear of is the CPS (Crank Position Sensor) going bad. It's more of an inconviennece (sp?) than any thing else. Some model years seem to be more prone for this than others.

That's it. Your wallet will suffer the most. This is a great bike to mod.

Good luck.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the guy i'm buying it from said one of the cylinders wasn't working great... he took it in, and he said 'it was the **** transmission. they just took it apart, and switched some wires around. they were wrong from the factory, and that's all there was to fixing it'

·
Registered
826 Posts
hhhmmmmmmmm....that sounds odd. I've not heard of 'one of the cylinders not working great'...hopefully you'll get more input from some of the other members.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I would test ride it first to check that cylinder. Have not heard of that probelm on here much. As far as price it sounds good to me. I paid more for less chrome and more miles on an '04. I would really check out that engine problem and use it to bargain with. These beasts are nearlly bullet proof so it may very well be worth it. The more you save on initial price the more you have for mods [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif].

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
he said it happened relatively soon,after buying the bike new.

it could have just been a wiring fluke at the buildup from the factory.

are there and problems associated with these bikes, or 'common traits' that aren't necessarily a 'problem' but they're annoying?

·
Registered
12,497 Posts
Sounds like a good price go for it, if it happend when he got the bike new don't worry about it, mine had a few electrical gremlins in the first few months I had it. It was a new bike in 02 and things were still being learned on the line. Was the recall done?

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Price sounds reasonable to me. No telling what the actual prob was as the dealership isn't always forthcoming. Do some checking and test ride and good luck!

·
Registered
735 Posts
sound like a great price to me. 9Gs for my used '03 Titanium Warrior which had 1500 miles with speed* 2-1-2 pipe and MS Hellcat windshild. I called the yami 800 #, gave them my VIN # and they informed me the recall was completed. With that low of miles, how could the original owned have treated the beast that bad. Go for it!! [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

·
Registered
6,075 Posts
As what has been said before, find out if the tranny recall has been done. If it has, it's a decent deal. If it hasn't been done, it becomes a great deal!

Good luck.

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
Where did he buy it from, where did he take it to be repaired? Holidays, FullThrottle, Town and COuntry, etc.?

It sounds like the same deal/bike that I was talking to a buddy of mine about last night.

I would say either way, recall or no recall, it is a good deal. Find out if it has been done or not.

Hey guys, what is the change in the VIN# when it has been done? THat should tell him...

F#$% IT, just get it, before I DO!!!!!!

·
Registered
53 Posts
I've read on this site that when the dealer performs the tranny recall that they stamp the area where the vin number is located. I've also read that some dealers forget to stamp it after the work has been done.

Later,

JL

·
Registered
15 Posts
Just amke sure the numbers line up with the Pink slip. What about the Actual odometer reading? Becareful that he didnt just swap out the speedo for one that has fewer miles on it. Look closely at the screws that mount the speedo and the bolts etc-- do they look like they have been wrenched on lately, fresh scuffs, etc? I would say the odomter is from another Bike. especially if he stated one cyl is down, on an '03 bike with 1165 miles?? That bile better be so fresh that tires shold still have the **** on them!! No way... Red flag...

Bryan

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
I know a guy that has a 89 Honda Nighthawk with only 1200miles on it, actual miles. It isn't all that unusual in the northern states....

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
yeah really, the guy lives in town jackson, very urban area. he said he only drove it around town. when everything is a 10-15minute city ride, miles are hard to acquire unless you travel. he said the furthest he EVER rode it was to napoleon and back one sunday afternoon.

i plan on buying it, we shall know at the end of this week

1 - 20 of 20 Posts