RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, just picked up a "new" '09 midnight warrior. 23k miles... stock other than V&H bigshots and drag bars n grips.
Curious what I might be looking forward to with upcoming maintenance with that many miles? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Really liking the abundance of info from the forum so far!

·
Registered
322 Posts
805warrior;

-Welcome aboard! I would do an oil/filter change along with a transfer case oil change. (pretty easy to do, takes about an hour to complete both). Also might want to check the brake fluid levels (front and rear), Air fliters, inspect brake pads and rotors and drive belt tension. Clutch and brake lever/cable operation. Other than that, these RSW's are pretty bullet proof and are known for low maintenance requirements. I hope this helps you out. (As for motor oil I use the Mobil One V-twin 20w-50 motorcycle oil and the transfer case I use the Mobil One 75w-90 with excellent results). Ride Safe!!
Rg

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Welcome and congrats. Sounds like good advice. The manual has a nice list of regular maintenance. Also, disconnect fuel quick disconnects and give them a squirt of WD-40 and make sure they click when out back together.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
805warrior;

-Welcome aboard! I would do an oil/filter change along with a transfer case oil change. (pretty easy to do, takes about an hour to complete both). Also might want to check the brake fluid levels (front and rear), Air fliters, inspect brake pads and rotors and drive belt tension. Clutch and brake lever/cable operation. Other than that, these RSW's are pretty bullet proof and are known for low maintenance requirements. I hope this helps you out. (As for motor oil I use the Mobil One V-twin 20w-50 motorcycle oil and the transfer case I use the Mobil One 75w-90 with excellent results). Ride Safe!!
Rg
Thanks! I'll definitely knock the oil changes out, and thanks for the suggestions on the oil/s. Brake Pads and Rotors will be next.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Welcome and congrats. Sounds like good advice. The manual has a nice list of regular maintenance. Also, disconnect fuel quick disconnects and give them a squirt of WD-40 and make sure they click when out back together.
Thanks, I'll check out the quick disconnects while I'm at it!

·
Registered
310 Posts
Nice bike, my congrats! :)

What is the function of that small box at left side at shift panel ?
Collecting drops from gas tank from those two hoses linked with the ... pressure relief valve ..... hope this is the correct term... ??

Is this a closed system ? Or needs to "breath" ?

@ Technicians: does that work properly ? Protecting the environment and not leaving drops in front of my house :p:D

Thx

·
Premium Member
184 Posts
Hey there and welcome, im new here as well and let me tell you if your the
kind of rider that likes to do his own work but not familiar with the Warrior then you ARE in the right place, these folks have helped me considerably since joining and I ask a lot of questions never a moan from anyone just lots of help. Good luck with your Warrior and welcome to the club

·
Premium Member
3,351 Posts
Welcome aboard from Sunny South Florida. Great find and good looking bike.
Make sure you also put your location.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I picked up an almost identical setup back in April. ‘08 with V&H 2-1 Pro Pipes, Power Commander III, Drag bars. Had 21k on it at time of pickup. Bout to roll over on 25k lol.

Maintenance wise I was sure to get an oil change, just so I knew for sure when to do next service. Planning on flushing brake lines in morning and switching out the pads. All in all solid bike, I’ve got nothing but great things to say about it. Can pull off when gunning it but comfortable enough to just cruise.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts