RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, my name is Mike and I have been looking at getting a warrior for a while now. I have been doing some research from this forum and I'll tell ya what, it is great. I just sold my Custom Vstar 1100 , And I have not yet pulled the trigger for the warrior. Still considering on possible Victory 8-Ball or maybe on getting an R6 (never owned a croch rocket before. Hopeing maybe you guys could help me pull the trigger on one of the 3, I know this is a little bias being a warrior forum, but just looking for some honest info on the warrior like any big problms i need to look out for?

Thanks for the help. Mike

·
Registered
3,050 Posts
I have a 2002 ,am very happy with it ,with the Warrior i found some good friends where my brother has a Harley and he rides with me.. he he the 8 -ball from what i`ve seen is a sharp bike.But where (if you have a problem if any)can you find out info on any other site to fix what ever you need. good guys on this site and they all will help with info if you need it. this site was 1 big reason i bought mine. now get off your duff and get riding and have fun.he he

·
Registered
5,354 Posts
Can't say much about the 8ball but my brother bought a hammer and took it back the next day. I rode it too. Didn't handle well and not as fast as I thought it should be. Crotch rockets are fast but thats where the fun starts and ends. If you can't go fast they aren't much fun to ride. Uncomfortable and rather boring at cruising speeds. The warrior on the other hand is a blast at any speed. Fun to cruise around town on (tons of torque which you'll feel in the butt dyno) and plenty of attention from those trying to figure out just what the heck you're riding. "Is that a custom?" "Is that a Harley?". You'll hear all kinds of things. This bike looks great, runs great and this forum is absolutely fantabulous! I'm not at all biased either.[/emoticons/emotion-5.gif]

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Just my 2 cents is for the Warrior, but I don't have any experience with your other choices. I love mine so much I'm selling my Vstar and buying another Warrior to set up for 2-up riding. I love the torque, the handling and the lines on the Warrior are second to none as far as styling goes. Good luck with your choice. There are many here who have had different bikes and I'm sure they'll chime in!

·
Registered
735 Posts
8-ball, how much customizing can you do? plus, how much is available after market or would you have to buy all victory stuff and how much would that be? R6-hot bike, agree with jdpark though, fast or nuthin'. Plus, high insurance. My nephew has an R1, is always slowing down and then flying by me for about a 5 second rush. Whenever he rides my bike, always a smile with the stories he gathered in a 30 minute ride. The Warrior, has the torque, many mod option to "Make it your Own", this forum, respect from all communities (cruisers and kneedraggers) and you can ride this bike like a crotchrocket or take it on a vacation. Not a tough choice IMO. [/emoticons/emotion-5.gif]

·
Registered
335 Posts
quote:Originally posted by jdpark

The warrior on the other hand is a blast at any speed. Fun to cruise around town on (tons of torque which you'll feel in the butt dyno) and plenty of attention from those trying to figure out just what the heck you're riding. "Is that a custom?" "Is that a Harley?". You'll hear all kinds of things. This bike looks great, runs great and this forum is absolutely fantabulous! I'm not at all biased either.[/emoticons/emotion-5.gif]

Well said!
I get stares all the time too. They say "Nice Harley" I say, "not hardly".
Every mile is amazing! Ooops..there goes my wrist again. haha

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hey MFC, check it out, I have an 04 victory vegas and I just bought an 06 midnite warrior yesterday !! The Victory bikes are cool but they dont compare. I bought my vegas with 9 miles on it and 1 yr later it has 17k. But things to look out for, gears stick alot, seat is very uncomfortable, stock pipes are weak, if you dont mind spending the bucks, go with the hammer. I test rode that and almost got one til I rode the Warrior. Warrior wins hands down !!. I've owned them both and now I'm going to sell my Vegas and stick with the warrior. If you want more info on Victory, hit me up.

·
Registered
19 Posts
sorry, one thing I left out, the resale on the victory bikes are horrendous. I bought mine for 14k out the door and I can only get 8k for it. No one will take it as a trade-in, well the Victory dealer will but no other dealer will take the bike, they all love the look and think its sharp but too new to the market. Also, no dealer other than Victory and maybe if you're lucky some Harley dealers will work on the Victory bikes. I'm not trying to steer you away from the Victory's, I rode the hammer and had a blast on it, the 6 gear is definitely happening but w/o doubt, the Warrior is a M-O-N-S-T-E-R to ride. Very smooth, extremely powerful, tons of torque and ****, its pretty comfy. I ride 53 miles one way to work and the warrior is the shizz. Hehehe...I got 300 miles on it in 2 days[8D]

·
Registered
245 Posts
Go for the warrior ,i just sold my gsxr for her haven't missed it one bit.The only problem is not being rich because modding is addictive.

·
Registered
6,075 Posts
Go for the Warrior, you won't be sorry. I have a friend that has a crotch rocket that only enjoys riding at high speeds. As JD said, the Warrior is a great ride at all speeds. With enough low end grunt for tooling around the boulevard, and enough power and handles for fun in the twisties.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
I have to say you really did not think your question thru.
You are asking us wich bike you should choose, MAN you are posting your question on a warrior4M! what else do you expect from us but a great big simultanious cry that sounds a lot like...

!!!WARRIOR!!!

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
If you are a young buck, get the crotch rocket and sew some oats, if you are still alive, when you are older and ready to settle down, then settle for nothing less than the Warrior!!!!! Or better yet bypass super high insurance, tickets, uncomfortable ride, and Get the Warrior now. As for the 8ball, no comment.

Let us know what you decide, I think I'll know what you do!

·
Registered
410 Posts
Couldn't haave said it better myself.
quote:Originally posted by jdpark

Can't say much about the 8ball but my brother bought a hammer and took it back the next day. I rode it too. Didn't handle well and not as fast as I thought it should be. Crotch rockets are fast but thats where the fun starts and ends. If you can't go fast they aren't much fun to ride. Uncomfortable and rather boring at cruising speeds. The warrior on the other hand is a blast at any speed. Fun to cruise around town on (tons of torque which you'll feel in the butt dyno) and plenty of attention from those trying to figure out just what the heck you're riding. "Is that a custom?" "Is that a Harley?". You'll hear all kinds of things. This bike looks great, runs great and this forum is absolutely fantabulous! I'm not at all biased either.[/emoticons/emotion-5.gif]

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
I would have to say look at the perks(mods) you also get this forum. It is amazing ask any question and someone will probaly have a answer within a short time the knowledge base on here is a big bonus plus you have a bike you can say you put your ideas in with out spending another mortgage on just my 2 cents

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Greetings from another relative newb to the forum. You'll love the quest for more mods too! Your credit cards will become warm from the frequent use...
This forum is absolutely the best for knowledge...tons of cool people with great ideas and a wealth of practical information.

Dan

·
Registered
4,573 Posts
MFC, Can't give you too much help. There's no choice BUT the Warrior. I've been riding 30+ yrs and I'm not biased.[:0]

·
Registered
7,696 Posts
Welcome MFC, you need to stick around here mate coz this place is, as Jayridgerunner would say: 'The Best **** Forum on the World Wide Web'. Now you can't really hang around here if you buy a Victory or a Gixxer now can you, so there's reason enough to get the Warrior. Oh sorry, I forgot to say that the Warrior is an awesome bike but the guys already said that anyway. Best thing that you can do is to test ride them all and let the machines speak for themselves. Lots of luck with your choice MFC, hope to see you back here soon.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts