RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello to everyone. Sorry about the new guy stuff but I have been on crotch rockets. Here is my question, if you change the pipe on these bikes do you have to have the map re-done? I am really confused about this and the air box things? If someone could shed some light on this it would be great.

Thanks
Stephen

·
Registered
51 Posts
yes it is recommended that you change the map. Just to make sure you dont run to rich or lean I am sure others will chime in soon

·
Registered
209 Posts
welcome to the 4-m , if you re-pipe you can bump up the numbers on the ecu this is done through the instrument panel you can do a search here on the site for more info on that, as for the air box.. a lot of us ( myself included ) remove the stock air box and add a BAK ( big air kit ) which is basically a couple k&n filters and also block off the air injection system ( AIS ). check with woody ( churchkey) about the BAK he sells.. i have it and it works great.. you will find a lot of help here from these guys and also a lot of mods that you can do to really personalize your warrior!!! hope this sheds some light. bigjohnson

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
bigjohnson has it right, but many of us also have a Power Commander III. This is the mod that will need remapped when you add performance mods such as pipes and air kits (VBAK). A properly mapped PCIII delivers the best fuel/air mix.

·
Registered
22,677 Posts
You don't have to change the map. I rode mine ~30,000 miles with the D&D slip-on before I got it mapped. I wouldn't necessarily recommend doing that, but it's ok as long as you're not either too rich or too lean.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts