RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased new hand grips from kuryaken and when I removed the old ones the throttle sleeve has these ribs on it or grooves that the intructions say need to be grind down to fit the new grips on. The grips I bought are the ISO grips, I tried to put the grip on the throttle sleeve and it is not going to fit without doing something with the ribs on the sleeve. Anyone that has replaced their grips do you have any suggestions to install them without any complications.

thanks

freerider8

·
Vendor
7,301 Posts
if you got the Universal grips you will absolutely have to file/grind down the ribs before it will slide on. I removed the sleeve from the bike and took to it with my dremel. I had to file the ribs down until it was just a smooth sleeve. I left it as thick as I could and still slide the grip on using dish washing liquid. The problem was that when I tried to use the glue it came with, it was not as slick as the soap and got stuck 1/2 way up. NOTHING I did made the grip budge another millimeter. I had to cut the right grip off and buy another set. I ground the sleeve down a bit more measuring all the time to make sure i wasnt taking too much off, then I used theold hair spray trick. I bought the stickiest stuff the drug store had, sprayed it on liberally and the grip slid right on up nice and easy. Let it dry till the next day and it hasnt budged since. Been about 2.5 years now.

OR, you can return the grips you bought and buy the one with the sleve pre-installed.

I HAD to use the universals because I wanted to paint my grips black.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
02 warrior, the throttle sleeve off of the old grips. the throttle cables are attached to it. it is made of plastic and has these kind of ribbed grooves all around it, the old grips were attached to it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts