RS Warrior Forum banner

New here looking for my first Warrior, Help me decide!

746 views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  Baldy 
#1 · (Edited)
Help me decide...
1. 2006 Blue 18k miles, Sissy bar, Engine guards, new tires, recent oil change, small windshield and Vance and Hines short shots (super loud) I would definitely put quiet baffles on it. Has no fuel controller. Just under $4k Owner has had it for 2 years.
2. 2002 27K miles, recalls taken care of, new drive belt, recent oil change, Vance and Hines pipes with power commander, newer tires, original owner. $2,500.00 Purple

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
The 06 looks to have a VBAK installed. Hard to believe it runs well without a controller. They are both really nice looking bikes. I would lean towards the 06. Maybe try to get the price down a little. But the 02 looks like a good deal too. Well that didn't help you I'm sure. Sorry

#4 ·
How confident are you that you will keep her more than 2 years?
@ $2,500, that 2002 won't lose you any money. You could get that much for her in a few years with another 10k on the clock.
Something seems fishy about the '06. As stated, probably has a VBAK, but no fuel controller? and no right side cover? And the reflector on the forks; why is it at that angle? I'm probably more paranoid than most, but I'm always looking for clues that a previous owner did his own modifications even though they may not be really mechanically inclined... I've gotten bit by that before... usually the wiring is the worst and can cause a lot of electrical gremlins that infuriate me.
Also, I like purple. :)

#5 ·
I agree with you Dirtie, I am also a little paranoid. I didn't get to ride it (the 06) as I wasn't 100% sure I wanted that one and had other bikes to see. I usually take the test ride if I am convinced that is the bike I want before I take it home. I sat on it and started it while cold. It idled fine but according to the owner it has bad popping in between shifts, and something about when low on gas and goes into reserve mode, acceleration starts to be jumpy If I remember correctly was the description. That was where I asked about the fuel controller. I noticed the strong smell of gas fumes at idle. He told me it had a K&N intake system. Most likely going to see the purple one today. I hope it is in good shape. I agree for the money it is hard to beat.

#8 ·
There are a few things added to the 06 that aren’t my preference so I’d have to change them, with big reduction in price.

02’ is at a reasonable price, gives you a few $$ of play money to customise to your preferences.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.