RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have a 02 bike in mind,so I thought I should find a forum. Looked around, read great info,then read recall section. I know bikes have stuff to deal with, but it just happens to be a 02 bike I was looking at. I have emailed the owner/seller re recalls done or note but I'm a bit wondering. I am from Canada and was going to bring it accros from the us. I have done this before and needed to have all recalls done. Any thoughts. Rob

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Get the VIN # and call a Yamaha dealer in the US and have them run it . They can tell you what recalls are still outstanding.

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
If the recalls aren't done, they won't cost you anything to get them done. Plus you might consider getting some mods done at the same time as the recall. If you do it right it can save you a bundle.

·
Registered
344 Posts
yeap my brother is having his 03 recall done and while it is in the shop he is having his 5th gear changed it will cost him just over 200 instead of 600 ish

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
quote:Originally posted by gman

If the recalls aren't done, they won't cost you anything to get them done. Plus you might consider getting some mods done at the same time as the recall. If you do it right it can save you a bundle.

I agree with Gman! Besides what the rush! Your only 12 years old per your profile. [:0] Last I recall you had to be 15 1/2 to get a permit to ride unless it different in Canada! [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif][/emoticons/emotion-1.gif][/emoticons/emotion-2.gif] On a serious note, you will be happy with a warrior no matter the year. [/emoticons/emotion-5.gif]

·
Registered
6,406 Posts
I'm still kicking myself for NOT getting the 5th gear upgrade. If it needs a recall, don't skimp and do the 5th gear while they have it apart...

·
Registered
4,938 Posts
Just a note incase you are wondering.

Many of us have the 02 (I do)and have been through the recalls. Yamaha has supported us through thick and thin. If the "recalls" are spooking you fear not. Either Yamaha will help you or we will help you. One way or the other the warrior is a very dependable bike, not to mention one torque monster and a great ride overall IMO.

Like Clint says "ya gotta ask yourself, is this the right bike for me? Well, is it"

What drew you to the warrior??

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
(Voice in my head...) Get the Warrior![}/emoticons/emotion-1.gif] (Other voice in my head...)Why!?[/emoticons/emotion-1.gif] (Voice in my head...) Because I said so!!![}/emoticons/emotion-1.gif] (Other voice in my head...) OK!![^]

Moral of the story...

Listen to the voices in your head...

Mark aka Mad Man

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
In this case guys he needs a bike that already has the recalls performed because that is one of the requirements before he can import it from the US to Canada. It's not an option for us to bring in a bike that has any recalls not completed.[/emoticons/emotion-6.gif]

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the responce. Yes I have to have It all done to bring it accross the border. I found a diff bike which all has been done. Not sure if the gear has been done.

Rob 46 yrs old and felling it.

·
Registered
3,508 Posts
Welcome to the forum and good luck on your purchase of the worlds,including Canada[/emoticons/emotion-5.gif],greatest bike!

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Rob, Welcome.

I just turned 33,000 miles on my 02 and there are a lot out there with more than that. I wouldn't worry about the recalls if they are not done then just get them done and if the tranny isn't done get a roadstar 5th gear installed, I wish I had.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts