RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my first road bike and guess what it happens to be? I bought the bike from the other side of the state and had to ride it home(what a problem, NOT). It was 210mi for the maiden ride for me. The bike is awesome. I have just a couple of small images but should soon have more. I do want to ask if anybody has had a big problem with their bike overheating? If anybody has added an oil cooler and if it is worth the money? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
As long as you bike is stock you should not have any probs with overheating, hence air cooled V-twin. By the way, welcome, you'll love your bike and this site.

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
Great, yet another one from the east side!!!! What is wrong with this world!?[/emoticons/emotion-5.gif]

You shouldnt' ever have a problem with over heating. I haven't yet, and I haven't heard of any as of yet, except in extreem conditions. Like stuck in traffic on a 110 degree day.....

If I get stuck in traffic, and sitting still, I will just shut it down for the **** of it. No sence in letting it idle for to long anyhow, and really isn't that great for any aircooled motor.....

Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
are you sure it's overheating or just the check engine light? BTW - is that liquid silver or titanium - looks a bit dark to be the liquid silver.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It isn't overheating I just want to make sure that it doesn't. As far as the color I am not really sure it might be titanium. Is there a way to find out by the vin number?

·
Registered
140 Posts
I am at 9400 miles this year....not one overheating problem....between Auburn Hills and Port Huron....welcome to Warrior world!

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Warrior480

I am at 9400 miles this year....not one overheating problem....between Auburn Hills and Port Huron....welcome to Warrior world!
GOOD GOD! ANOTHER ONE!!!!!

Seriously though, there very few in my area. I went to a ride a couple weekends ago, and there were at least 500 bikes or more, and I didn't see one other warrior. But if I go to a ride on the east side, I am sure to see at least one.... I need to stop by the dealer more I guess....

·
Registered
397 Posts
Yeah, I never understood all the people saying they never see other warriors - it seems like I see them all the time around Detroit.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts