RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, thinking about purchasing a warrior. I have been riding a GSXr for over 3 years. Been a while since i rode a cruiser. anyways, i have 3 choices for RS warrior. Has their been any major changes in the last couple of years models? My choices are brand new 2007, 2006 or 2004. As far as looks they all look alike except for the speedo to me.

also, what is a good pipe i can get that i can install myself, the stock muffler is an eyesore. /emoticons/emotion-1.gif

Will soon be a warrior owner[}/emoticons/emotion-1.gif]

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
Wow it's going to be a huge change from the gixxer. No real changes since new really. This is a Yamaha (my first) and looking at the line up of bikes they seem to change the Cruisers up every 15 years or so weather they need it or not. You might want to consider used, I know I would if I had it to do over again.
As for pipes there are a miriade of choices, use the search function at the top of the toolbar. There's a whole days reading there on pipes.
Welcome to the most helpful motorcycle forum in the world.

·
Registered
514 Posts
quote:Originally posted by RobRiguez

Welcome to the Forum! I say buy used and use the extra cash for upgrades and mods.

+1

·
Registered
216 Posts
I came from a Yami R6 to the Warrior. I freakin' love this monster! It's only been a week and about 375 miles but I have NO regret's! Very happy I did it actually! I still love sport bikes but I was looking for something a little more laid back, I got a couple kid's now, the ole lady was not comfortable on the sport bike's and the look of the Warrior really inticed me. Once I found this forum and started reading what everyone had to say, and started seeing what all were doing, I was sold! I bought brand new just a little over a week ago and I ain't looking back! I'm glad I can take this stock bike and make it my own, my way. Plus I like buying new stuff, I used to swear buy purchasing used then once I bought a couple thing's new that was it, I'm spoiled now. Break it in yourself, build it up yourself, doesn't get any better! Good luck on the Warrior bro! Welcome to the 4um!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
many thanks...I am looking forward to buying this weekend. I have a choice between a used 2004 and 2006. I have been doing a bad thing. Looking at mods /emoticons/emotion-6.gif. I will surely be buying some mods. so nothing mechanically different between these 2 models?

I have been reading for hours, this forum is massive and very helpful.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Welcome. I would go second hand and try to get a bike with most of the basic mods already done. You'll save thousands of dollars in the process.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Welcome to the 4m,
If you wife will be riding with you the passenger peg relocation kit might be on your short list of mods to have. I like to refer to the stock set up as “**** pegs” because she will have her knees in her ears.(looks great from behind but very uncomfortable) Buying used was the way to go for me but you have to be careful. Are you buying from a dealer or private? In any case good luck. Joe

·
Registered
60 Posts
I bought mine on ebay and it had most of the major mods already done to it. Saved a load of cash that way. Now I can jus do the little things to make it mine. (custom seat and a few other small things.

·
Registered
848 Posts
quote:Originally posted by hippo

many thanks...I am looking forward to buying this weekend. I have a choice between a used 2004 and 2006. I have been doing a bad thing. Looking at mods /emoticons/emotion-6.gif. I will surely be buying some mods. so nothing mechanically different between these 2 models?

There are some differances between the 04 and 06, for one the 06 has radial brakes.
2006http://www.rswarrior.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=40405

·
Registered
803 Posts
quote:Originally posted by hippo

I think you have more choices than those 2 bikes but thats up to you.
The 06 has 5 spoke wheels different brakes, braided throttle cables and the forks are shorter. If the 04 is a much better deal ie. mileage, condition and price then go for it. I bought a new 06 but now that I know more about this bike I would buy used. Hindsight is 20/20. Even if the 06 is faster.[/emoticons/emotion-5.gif]

·
Registered
201 Posts
Buy used and spend the extra on mods or buy used with the mods allready done. Pipe choice is never ending. Do you want more power or do you want more sound or do you want better looks or do you want all of the above. They are all out there. Have you ridden one yet?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts