RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,845 Posts
Welcome to the forum from lower Alabama. Nice bike. One other member here did the spoke rims, looks good.

·
Registered
2002 warrior 1700
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welcome to the forum from lower Alabama. Nice bike. One other member here did the spoke rims, looks good.
Any tricks to getting some light rust of a few spokes...dremel and compound maybe..

·
Administrator
30,376 Posts
That chain drive brake rotor is a sweet setup. Real clean. What's under the rider seat? Tach?

As for rust on chrome spokes, if none of the various chrome cleaners are working then it's better to swap to new better spokes next time you have the tire off anyway. But they need to match the rim and you want to know what air seal method is being used. If the spokes are hard to find they can be re-chromed along with the wheel. But they look good from the usual distance, at least in your pictures.

·
Super Moderator
5,845 Posts
You can always get the rims powder coated.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Sweet ride! “Never dull” by eagle is about the best for light rust in chrome that I have come across. Not perfect by 95% better quickly, just keep polishing until it turns black then wipe clean.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2002 warrior 1700
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sweet ride! “Never dull” by eagle is about the best for light rust in chrome that I have come across. Not perfect by 95% better quickly, just keep polishing until it turns black then wipe clean.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bought never dull today. It has taken a lot of the rust off. Not looking for perfect just cleaner.

·
Super Moderator
5,845 Posts
The one and only time i used never dull it put swirls in my new chrome. Never used it again. Probably good for old chrome. Blue Magic works good for a metal polish. White Diamond works great on polishing aluminum.

·
Registered
2002 warrior 1700
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Sweet ride.
What front end is
Sweet ride.
What front end is that?
Ty but i'm not sure..long story shortened up. I sold my harley flh with sidecar to buy out ex wife. I have been looking for replacement finally and stumbled on this bike. It had been sitting for a little while.under tarp green moss dirt rust. I loved it. Flushed fuel tank, changed oil,filter, and plugs. New battery started right up. Scrubbed for 3 days straight..lol. there is still things needed so i joined for some guidance..

·
Registered
2002 warrior 1700
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

Speedometer not hooked up. Neutral lights up.directional lights flash but no mph. Wondering if harness was cut for headlight from what i have read. Hi and low both work.
20210602_125344.jpg
20210602_125208.jpg

1 - 20 of 29 Posts