RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm Adam and just brought a used 2004 warrior(silver w/ flames) had lots of chrome pieces on it when I bought it, great deal. It' a great looking bike and I'm a big yamaha fan. But anyways, with all the accessories put on this bike, the previous owner did not change the ehaust. I want to put a better looking system on it. I love the look of the V&H Big Shots, but a buddy of mine said that the DG American Classics are the best for the bike. I'm also looking to buy the PCIII as well. I just want to make the bike look awesome and not sound horrible(backfire is no good!). If any one has any suggestions for a great exhaust system that would be great.
Pics will come soon as I replace the eyesore cannon exhaust.
THANKS GUYS

·
Registered
6,075 Posts
Welcome Adam, and congrats on the new (to you) bike. The American Classics are good pipes, but they are far from 'best for the bike'. First of all, what kind of improvement are you looking for? Just a good looking pipe? One strictly for performance? Or a combination of the two? The American Classics are a good looking pipe, but the don't perform as well as others. The good performing pipes are (in no particular order), V&H ProPipe and V&H Big Shots, Yamaha SpeedStar exhaust, Muzzy's 2-1, PCS Monster Pipe, Forcewinder Streetfighter, and Rinehart's Exhausts are good performing pipes. That's all I can remember for now.

·
Registered
6,406 Posts
As far as back-fires, this bike is going to do it no matter what. Removing the AIS system will aid in reducing it though. Personally I LIKE back-fires! I'm always holding the throttle a little on downshifts to try to make it pop. heh heh!

The Big Shots are an excellent choice btw.

·
Registered
4,938 Posts
set of V&H big shots just waitin for you in the classifieds section of this forum.
Might save you some ca$h...just fyi...

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Welcome and congrats on buying the fastest color Warrior. All the aforementioned pipes are good. I have the Pro pipe on my 04. Sounds great and nice performance!! Enjoy and Welcome!

·
Registered
3,508 Posts
Welcome to the forum!V&H Bishots baby!Actually that just my personal opinion.There are alot of killer exaust systems out there,just do some research and get something you like.[/emoticons/emotion-4.gif]

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Welcome aboard and congrats on your Warrior. I like the Hard Chromes, but I am not totally controlled by the performance side of riding!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I knew asking people who actually own the bike would give the best advise. I'm reaaly into the appearence and the sound of the bike. But a little performance won't hurt either. I'm looking forward to talking with all you guys.

·
Registered
527 Posts
welcome to the forum! ive always liked the look, sound, and performance of the speedstar 2-1-2 and also the rineharts. I have the speedstar 2-1-2 and you could really tell the difference in performance with a pc3.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts