RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been visiting this site for awhile. I bought an '08 a few months and then had a lay down at 200 miles. Just got it back last weekend. The shop in fact replaced the frame as well as need new parts,thus "new bike" again. I have forgotten the fun. My son and I ride together.

Just wanted to say hello to everyone, and thanks for the help you have given me in the past, without you even knowing it.

Rick

·
Registered
244 Posts
There are two kinds of riders. Those that have wrecked, and those that will wreck. Some have taken more than their fair share of the latter, but lets hope that you have paid your dues with this one.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the replys. The body damage were 3 broken ribs, one broken collar bone one broken shoulder blade, Yea, I am glad I got it out of the way. Not really looking forward to the next one.

Rick

·
Registered
2 Posts
sounds pretty stupid. almost 30 years on the road and defensive skillsand being smarter than the idiot cagers around me has been working ok.

ill subscribe to this:

there are two kinds of riders. those that have had the misfortune of being in an accident and those that will continue to do everything in their power not to become a statistic...

·
Registered
568 Posts
deadpool said:
sounds pretty stupid. almost 30 years on the road and defensive skills and being smarter than the idiot cagers around me has been working ok.

ill subscribe to this:

there are two kinds of riders.  those that have had the misfortune of being in an accident and those that will continue to do everything in their power not to become a statistic...
Inexperienced/Ignorant != Stupid.

Arizona Warrior already said it best.

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
deadpool said:
sounds pretty stupid. almost 30 years on the road and defensive skillsand being smarter than the idiot cagers around me has been working ok.

ill subscribe to this:

there are two kinds of riders. those that have had the misfortune of being in an accident and those that will continue to do everything in their power not to become a statistic...

Wow! Thanks for posting up hero! You are my new idol.

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
HURD said:
deadpool said:

ill subscribe to this:

Wow! Thanks for posting up hero! You are my new idol.

Created an account yesterday to say that? WTF?

·
Registered
282 Posts
Welcome RickB, sorry to hear ofyour injuries. I'm glad that you and your Warrior are back on the mend! Happy New year my friend!

·
Administrator
30,117 Posts
So you don't believe some riders just relax and don't worry about becoming a statistic, and of those, some do and some don't? IMHO that's on a level playing field with believing that everyone who gets on a bike will continually do everything in their power not to become a statistic and if they do become a statistic then they are dumber than riders who haven't had an accident.

There are three kinds of riders. Those who have had an accident. Those who will have an accident. And those blessed by luck who somehow ride all their lives without a mishap. Oh wait, plus there's that hot rod Tomasa.

deadpool said:

ill subscribe to this:

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Arizona Warrior said:
So you don't believe some riders just relax and don't worry about becoming a statistic, and of those, some do and some don't? IMHO that's on a level playing field with believing that everyone who gets on a bike will continually do everything in their power not to become a statistic and if they do become a statistic then they are dumber than riders who haven't had an accident.

There are three kinds of riders. Those who have had an accident. Those who will have an accident. And those blessed by luck who somehow ride all their lives without a mishap. Oh wait, plus there's that hot rod Tomasa.

deadpool said:
sounds pretty stupid. almost 30 years on the road and defensive skillsand being smarter than the idiot cagers around me has been working OK.

ill subscribe to this:

Welcome back, glad every things OK.

For me it's ride your own ride, we tell the new guys that we would much rather wait for them than for the ambulance.

Besides I'm not that fast, try keeping up with those Nor-Cal guys and Yankee.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts