RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm coming back to riding after 20 years. i took back the riding class and renewed my license last may. i got my eyes on the 07 warrior, they are giving me a good price and i need to make a decision by the end of the month. i heard a lot about this bike and the many reasons why i should not get onto one due to my long time off the saddle. i test ride the v-rod, victorys and bmws and felt like it was yesterday when i rode them.

any suggestions? should i start back with something smaller.

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Still falls back on what feels good to you, though all of us here will lean toward the Warrior, none of us would suggest you buy something you are not at ease with. You have been out of the saddle awhile but that shouldnt play in your choices, it still comes back to you from your past. The bikes you listed above are all performance bikes so the Warrior will run or beat most of them off the line if not all out. If you dont want to unleash all the torque then dont twist the wrist. It will ride like a lamb or lion, that part is up to you.. Good luck in your search and hope this helps.

·
Registered
598 Posts
If you have experience, it should be no problem.
As it has been pointed out, if you use common sense and go easy on the throttle, the Warrior is a very smooth, tractable bike.
The people I worry about are those who have never ridden, never taken a course, and think all you have to do is get on, crank it up and whack the throttle.
[/emoticons/emotion-4.gif]

·
Registered
368 Posts
I say go with what your comfy with. I went from a 920 Virago to my warrior after a year but it scares me here and there depend on the mood I'm in. Like independent_lemming
said depends how you ride her.

·
Registered
6,406 Posts
If you've ridden before - then I'd say get whatever you want. I just started riding 3 years back. I had a small sportbike for 2 months and decided to get a Warrior. I really had very little experience - I was just careful with it until I got used to it. Now I'm a throttle whacker! [/emoticons/emotion-4.gif]

I would definitely recommend taking a safety course. What I learned in there has saved my life at least once - probably several times over...

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
quote:Originally posted by RatPhlem

If you've ridden before - then I'd say get whatever you want. I just started riding 3 years back. I had a small sportbike for 2 months and decided to get a Warrior. I really had very little experience - I was just careful with it until I got used to it. Now I'm a throttle whacker! [/emoticons/emotion-4.gif]

I would definitely recommend taking a safety course. What I learned in there has saved my life at least once - probably several times over...

He said whacker [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
It depends on you and your comfort level. Whatever you get just remember to start slow until all of those old lessons are remembered. The one thing I will say in favor of the Warrior, it will provide better acceleration,turning and stopping performance than most the bikes you have listed, that can get you out of trouble, if you use it wisely.

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
The Warrior is my first bike and I got it a few months ago. I'm happy to have her and have been riding as much as possible. Winter has taken over and it will be a few months now before I can get back on her. Anyway I took the MSF course, bought the Warrior and it has been just fine. I just respected her power initially and take the next step when it feels comfortable. That seems to be what everyone else recommends too.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Until I bought my Warrior I had never owned a motorcycle of my own. It is a very easy bike to get use to but it does have alot of power if you aren't ready for it. Heck what am I saying? Go for it brother!! If you ever need any help with it I am sure you'll be able to find someone on this forum who can help you out. There is a vast wealth of knowledge here. Good luck on your decision and let us know what you decide.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Welcome aboard! I've only been riding for about 4.5 years and I'm very comfortable with mine. Good luck on your decision!

·
Registered
533 Posts
Good Luck and Welcome to the 4M. Just hold on to your wallet as the mod bug will bite you in the ass before you know it.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Welcome and go for it. The Warrior was my first ride after a long dry spell. Just be careful and let her do what she was made to do alittle bit at a time.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts