RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to say hi and ask a question. My Baby (2005 midnight warrior) god i hate to say it, fell over in the driveway and dented the left side of the gas tank pretty bad. Can that be fixed? or would it be better to just buy a new tank.

Insert Image:

50.34KB

·
Registered
7,194 Posts
Welcome to the site! Yes it can be fixed, or you can pickup a new tank on eBay. Fixing it will require the dent to be pulled, with some help of bondo and fresh paint for the tank.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was just worried about putting bondo on the gas tank. Didn't know if after time the gas might make it crack.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Keep and eye out on ebay or the for sale section and you probably could find one for a good price and just swap em out and be done with it. On the other hand it gives you a good reason to get a custom paint job!

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Sorry to hear of your drop and your not the only one to do so, it pops up about every other month (especially in the summer). Either way welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
7,695 Posts
Welcome to the site Bro. So sorry to hear about the drop, I promise you it's happened to many of us on here so don't beat yourself up about it too much. I must say that she is a sweet looking ride.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am really thinking about doing some kind of custom paint on it if i have to repaint the tank. I really wanna keep the all black look, so I was thinking maybe ghost flames but some of them come stock with them so i dunno. If anyone has any suggestions feel free to let me know. Thanks

·
Registered
186 Posts
i'd get a new tank and sell me the old one for cheap (for custom paint). what, you expect a man to wait on riding for custom paint...?

welcome to RSW!

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Bummer on the drop. I'd vote for an e-bay tank you can send to paint while you're out riding. I like the all black look and may go with that if I keep noticing new marring on the clear (must be kinda thin???). I like the titanium it came with, so paint is way down on my list.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts