RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought an 07 Midnight Saturday. Love the bike. Why would Yamaha think that the extra large pipe looks good?

Anyone know of a good place to buy some Black custom pipes?

Looking forward to some good info from this site.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Congrats on the new bike welcome to the best 4M on the www! Several people here have had the pipes powdercoated... sure someone will ring in with further info.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Congrats on the midnight. On my midnight I painted my Samson pipes black with 1200° header paint. It is way cheaper then ceramic coating, and easy to touch up the spots where they drag in the twisties.

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Welcome, I have asked the same quetion. Most Warrior owners get rid of the bazooka before it leaves the dealer.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had them throw in a smaller slip on until I can find the pipes that Iwant to keep for good. I had thought about High Temp paint as well.

Is it as easy as sanding the chrome down a bit and spraying it on? Thanks for all of the help on this.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Yes. I sanded them some so they we a little rough. Then several coats of paint. My buddy powder coated the pipes on his sportster and he was asking me about my paint because to touch his up he has to re powder coat them. He is going to use the high temp paint this time. Cheaper, and real easy to touch up. I have touched them up with the pipes still on the bike, I just slide cardboard behind them. Here is a link to the paint I used. http://www.duplicolor.com/products/engine.html I used the stuff on the right in the picture. I bought it a WalMart for about $4 a can.

·
Registered
7,695 Posts
Welcome to the family PMeasy, black pipes you're after? Very nice choice. I got a local fabricator to make mine up. Many congrats on the new Midnight.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts