RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been working on a baja warrior minibike. Love this thing as much as my real warrior.

Paid $60 for it and many $$ later it's a fun little ride.

In the process of installing a Harley gas tank.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Harbor freight 6.5 predator motor
Custom made s.s 1" exhaust rlv muffler
Jetted carb and filter pod
New back tire and brake pads.
Tav torque converter

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
So that motor swap is pretty easy and common but how well did that torque converter swap work? They just gave me one and was wondering if it is worth bringing it back to life.

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So that motor swap is pretty easy and common but how well did that torque converter swap work? They just gave me one and was wondering if it is worth bringing it back to life.
The torque converter is a night and day difference in performance. Well worth the $100 off ebay. The one I bought was a direct bolt on for the predator motor. All I had to do was trim the tav mounting plate to fit the minibike frame. I say fix it up! There so much fun my buddy went out and bought one.

·
Registered
787 Posts
looks fun! id love to build something, but i'm not that inclined

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Some current progress,
Removed governor
Removed oil shut off sensor
Installed half throttle top plate
Pulse fuel pump
1/4 I'd red fuel line

Still need a fuel filter and new chain. Maybe new bars and grips will see how taxes go.

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Oh man I can imagine these are crazy fun. Seeing this thread for first time don’t know how I missed it!
I just picked up my 3rd one not too long ago. Haven't decided yet on how I want to build it, I'm thinking mud drag racer due to the fact it's been slightly modified to fit a big knobby ATV tire.

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Going out trail riding today and thought I'd give a minibike update cuz I love these things so much. Today will be my first real ride on the built predator 212. This motor makes around 17hp and spin up to 7000-7500 rpms.
Some of the fun bits: .020 over billet piston rod, arc billet fly wheel, 26lbs valve springs, 1.2 ratio roller rockers, .265 lift cam, chromemoly push rods, vm22 mikuni carb, head milled .030 with ported intake and exhaust with s.s valves. Juggernaut 30 series driver.
My buddy clocked 61 mph

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
So which converter are you using? And which sprocket combo?
Someone just gave me a rolling frame for free.

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Holy cow this thing is a monster! Ludicrous speed for the size of it. I'm running a 30 series tav with a gopowersports juggernaut driver 50t rear sproket. It ain't cheap...there's about $800+ into the motor and drivetrain but worth it to me. Wish it was street legal. Best day ever

1 - 20 of 22 Posts