RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to the forum and am a sportbike/ standard convert (probably). I am looking at either a new Bandit 1250s, Triumph Speed Triple, and a Warrior. I have always leaned towards the Warrior because of all the obvious reasons, but one thing I'm thinking about is new model envy. I can afford (barely) to get a new one, but I'd only want to do that if a new model was coming out. Otherwise I'd go with a good used one, preferably a Midnight (love that look).

So my real question is; Is there a new model coming out for the Warrior?

If so, what do you think they'd upgrade? I ask because we're going into the 6th model year with no major changes. That's a long lifecycle in today's market, so I am figuring they'd be changing out with either a new model, or some pretty major changes.
I'd rather ask this crowd than get "marketing speak" from a dealer. By the way, this is a great forum. You guys are good about taking care of your own.

Semper Fi!

·
Registered
4,703 Posts
MBM, Realistically - if they do anything with the Warrior other than change to colors, I'd be surprised. Look at how long the V-Max has been unchanged. Save some $$$ and go used. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
I hear the 2008 will have a sixth gear and a 240 phatty [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif][}/emoticons/emotion-1.gif][/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
It seems to have found it's niche, so my guess would be they'd focus elsewhere in the product line for significant model changes. Plus with the money you save going used, you can get the stuff you wish they'd put on the bike.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
No one knows for sure if anything has changed , yet. If you can hold your horses for another month, then we'll all find out. If not you can save some $$$ by buying used with all recalls done. These things are strong so don't worry about the year or mileage over 20K....30k even.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
There is no official info. out about '08 Star Motorcycles. The dealer meeting is around Sept. 12th. We will all know the full details after that. The Yamaha sales reps (not dealer salesman, the person who is the liason between the dealership Principal and Yamaha) will know a few days ahead of that. Beyond that, any "solid info." is nothing more than speculation.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
All valid points. I thought I'd tap into this braintrust to get your ideas and speculations. Thanks a lot. This is a great forum. Glad to be here.
Semper Fi!

·
Registered
166 Posts
+1quote:Originally posted by JimB

Actually - I wish they'd DISCONTINUE it. Can you imagine what it would be worth then?

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
[:I]

[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

quote:Originally posted by ArizonaWarrior

SOMEBODY had to start it again!!

quote:Originally posted by dude143a

I hear the 2008 will have a sixth gear and a 240 phatty [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif][}/emoticons/emotion-1.gif][/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

·
Registered
254 Posts
JimB + BParis - The Warrior has been discontinued in Australia with the 06 being the last. So far the price for a sacond hand stocker at a dealer is about the same but the asking price for a private sale has risen by about 2 - 3 thousand.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts