RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all I like to say THANKS to SHARP for all his help.

So lets start from the beginning,

I have an 06 Warrior. I just installed a Samson Ripsaws, Barons Big Air Stealth set up, An AIS removal kit and a Power Commander III.

Installed everything, I come to find out that I have a dead battery( It sat for 18 months while I was in Iraq). I going replace tomorrow.

I got a map from Sharp (he has similiar mods installed on his bike too)
I can get the bike to idle (its really rough)
I can get the engine to rev up but only if I twist the throttle slowly.

I tried the regular stock map. It idle rough but couldn't get the to rev up at all.

I was talking to a local shop and they are told me that I need to take it to a dyno shop.

A little about me. I a really good shade tree mechanic. However, I don't know much experience with motorcycles.

I am really at a lost....and don't want to send my bike to a dyno shop for 2 reasons. 1) There isn't one within 100 miles of me. 2.) Dyno shops cast a lot.

Thanks

·
Registered
295 Posts
Sounds like a pinched hose or a lose connection on one of the coils. Hand-over-hand all the tubing you re-routed, make sure nothing is pinched and everything is installed correctly (no leaks). Check your coil connectionsand all the other ones you disturbed also. Do a search on this site for "BAK" - seems like i remember others having similar issues and almost always it was the coils or a pinched hose.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Actually, if you just search "BAK" you'll get too many hits to sort through....too bad ArizonaWarrior isn't around...he has a knack for this kinda thing.

·
Premium Member
8,912 Posts

·
Registered
11,588 Posts
I would check the Coils its easy to switch them also check your plug connections I had to strip one of my plug wires once and re insert the boot. You did put the seals back in when you did the AIS Platesright?

·
Registered
95 Posts
I kind of had the same thing. When I did my BAK there was an extra hose cap that I put on one of my gas tank vent lines at the front left side of the tank. Bike would start but couldn't give it any gas. Took the cap off and all was good. Don't know if this helps any?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts