RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was just told by my dealer here in ga. that tomarrow yamaha will release the first recall parts to the dealers in the u.s. this first release will be 2000 kits and yamaha has to make more ...possible wait up to two months!!!!!!!!!! i hope this is not true. gkeen

·
Registered
40 Posts
Here is what my dealer told me today via e-mail:

Lee,

Just checked with the parts manager and he gave me a parts order slip that places recall parts availability to mid Feb. at the earliest. I have taken your appointment off our schedule and placed you on the top of our list to call when parts arrive at our facility.
I applogize for the delay. This is not good news for me either as my bike is a part of this recall.
I will contact you as soon as I am able to perform the recall on your Warrior.
Thanks for the link

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
i have a trip mid may, it had better be done by then. i have this sinking feeling that i'm going to have to buy plane tickets at the last minute.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I'm in the same boat Audio...Trip planned in late April. With few reports of problems from other riders on this forum, I'm still ridin'!
Third on the local dealers list... not that thats going to help much.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Ya, Yamaha's track record would put the parts arrival about the end of the year. If they do get them out in FEB, lets all remember that. That would mean that them taking all year to get the new parts out was just a sham. They CAN in fact get them out in time if they want to.

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
Part of an email I just got from my dealer, "I just got off of the phone with Yamaha and I was informed that they do not expect the first kits of any type until the middle of next month. Further, they are shipping kits to warmer climate areas first to support people who are more likely to be riding this time of year."

Sucks to be me, eh? - Jim

·
Registered
66 Posts
mines in the shop, pistons, cams, springs and clutch spring are all in stock. they'll get the recall parts feb 13th. since i changed the exhaust he also recommended the air replacement kit that eliminates the tubes that puts o2 into the exhaust that causes that pop noise we hear during deceleration. only $15 plus all parts are 15-20% off due to next weeks bike show at the I-X center.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts