RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i have actualy been a member of this forum for probably close to two years now. however now that i am finally ina position to be able to start looking at purchasing and riding a warrior, i am actually starting to be more active in the forums. So here is my deal:

i am from southern NJ, i just finished college a year ago, i am an avid motorcycle rider spending my first few years on a 1985 maxim 700. however that bike is starting to become nothing but a hassle to me, so i think its time for an upgrade. I have really liked the warrior since its debut and have been waning to buy one ever since. Started reading these forumss to see what kinds of mods are availible, as well as what kind of service experiance i can expect. the boards are very helpful and hopefully this time next year i will be winterizing my warrior. the only thing i am kind of hoping to be able to do is figure out a way to take a test ride on one before i actually purchase it. anyone know fo a good dealer in the area that would be willing ot allow a ride? or hopefully there is a star motorcycles tour like there was last year.

so basicaly i am trying to find a 2002 titanium, or a fairly stock mignight warrior. thank to everyone for making a great forum.

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
You'll be glad when you get your bike. You have had a long wait. If you can find a dealer that has a used Warrior you can get a test ride. If they only, have new they get a bit stingy with putting miles on the odometer. There are some good buys out there on 02s and test rides should not be a problem.

·
Registered
533 Posts
I "actualy" am "waning" to understand what "forumss" will be "availible" in your language. Your service "experiance" will be "basicaly" better if you use the spell Check. JUST KIDDING!!! I screw up all the time. Have fun finding your new scoot and try not to wait for Spring as the deals are out there Now. Good Luck and Keep us posted.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sorry dude. i hvae a horrible time spell checking. i think its because i am an engineer or something. and from typing on a laptop.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Hey Dennis you ball busting the guy?lol Im with Dendelion buy now and buy low. Did you look at the items for sale by members?

Insert Image:

50.49KB

·
Registered
533 Posts
Shadow, I should hang my head in shame. The Devil made me do it, I tell ya. I can't spell for S--t. the "FORUMSS" had me ROTFLMAO. I'll make it up to him, I pomiss.lol

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
Ya, check Ebay and then Uship to ship it. Worked for me after I totaled my first Warrior.

·
Registered
10,319 Posts
You should have jumped on Xenarchi's Warrior not too long ago. He's in Jersey also.
There's one or two on craigslist right now in the NY area and they are dirt cheap.
One of them has alot of internal engine mods and the other has less than 1000 miles
and I think selling for around 7500.00.

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
Whatever you do... that guy Gregg.. or Vector18... you do NOT want his bike... he has this habit of not checking his oil... well, and we know what that leads to... LOL..

Sorry.. had to do it Gregg.. /emoticons/emotion-5.gif

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks. i think i have decided. i am def. going to wait till i can get a midnight. i really like the look of them, and since it'll only take a few extra months to get it. i am going to go for it.

is there any real difference between the 02-05, and the 06+? i really like the new wheels. but is it worth it?

·
Administrator
28,369 Posts
Get a new one if you can. Keep it for life.

quote:Originally posted by Cheese302

thanks. i think i have decided. i am def. going to wait till i can get a midnight. i really like the look of them, and since it'll only take a few extra months to get it. i am going to go for it.

is there any real difference between the 02-05, and the 06+? i really like the new wheels. but is it worth it?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
quote:Originally posted by ArizonaWarrior

Get a new one if you can. Keep it for life.

i might end up getting a new one. if i do it would be nice because i can finance it. but i want to be able to put down close to if not more than half of the cost of the bike. just dont want to feel like i am paying for it forever

·
Registered
2,848 Posts

There are subtle differences between the years concerning ergonomics and cosmetics, but for the most part, the bike has been the same.

I think you are going to be hard pressed to find a dealer who will let you take a test ride. There are a few out there that will, but for the most part they are few and far between. They just dont want to take the risk or pay the insurance to support that.

Good luck with your purchase.

Dave

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
quote:Originally posted by Warrior_Dave

There are subtle differfences between the years concerning ergonomics and cosmetics, but for the most part, the bike has been the same.

I think you are going to be hard pressed to find a dealer who will let you take a test ride. There are a few out there that will, but for the most part they are few and far between. They just dont want to take the risk or pay the insurance to support that.

Good luck with your purchase.

Dave

yeah i know. i know of one locally, but they are a BMW Ducati dealer. so they would only get one in used. we'll see. but i just have the hardest time actually spending that much money without knowing if i really like the way it rides until after i drive away on it. i'll just have to throw caustion to the wind

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
Gotta go with the buy now idea. The best prices will occur when money is needed and can't wait for the spring so look now.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts