RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!

I started out a few years ago on a V* 1100.Been modfying it more and more, but this summer I felt that I need to move on to a new bike. Tested my friends Warrior and I was hooked!

Bought an 03 warrior this weekend with lot of miles on it (25000), seems to be in good condition though. Been reading on here the last few days, and I´m very impressed with this forum!Think I already found a solution to my first problem (gas light isturned onall the time).

First mod will probably be removing the AIS, getting a V-BAK and and a new exhaust. But I know it won´t stop there...

I´m located just outside the capital of Sweden, Stockholm. It´s getting colder here and the riding season seeks to be over, maybe a last ride on the Warrior this weekend before I tuck it away for the winter.

Best,

/Lars

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Congratulations on your purchase and welcome to the forum. Alot of great people and info can be found

at this site.

·
Administrator
29,925 Posts
Welcome Lars, yes get in a couple more miles of riding before winter and you'll be a little more able to wait-out the weather. There is one Warrior rider in Sweden and one in Finland who ride even in the snow (not together I don't think). There was even a video posted in here someplace before we moved to this new forum, and maybe itmigrated and still exists. Hopefully you have heated garage space and can make modifications in the off season! br, Mike

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Welcome to the forum

Be shure to pay us a visit in the european section of this forum.

So let me guess the friend you test drove his Warrior, would thatby anny chance be, Swedewarrior??? LOL

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the welcome guys!

There are limited numbers of warriors in Sweden, but it wasn´t Swedewarriors bike I tried out. I´ve seen a guy called Swedewarrior on the Swedish Yamaha star forum (www.rswarrior.se / www.vstar.se), probably him? My friend who let me try his warrior has always been messing with me about my old V* 1100. "How´s the moped running?"and comments like that <BG>. Haven´t toldhim I bought a warrior, going to try to keep it a secret until the next riding season start and suprise him with my "new moped"... LOL!

I´ve seen a clip on Youtube where a swedish guy drives his Warrior in winter time. Think he is located far up in north of Sweden, they usually get much more winter/snow/cold up there. We haven´t recevied snow down in south yet, but it´s getting to cold to drive. Luckilly I have a warm garage where I can do some mods.

Now I´m going to checkout the classfields for some parts.

Cheers!

/Lars

1 - 9 of 9 Posts